The candidate will play a key role within the internal audit team and will report to the Head of General Inspection in Canada.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The General Inspection plays a major role in BNP Paribas Group’s internal control and governance.
In accordance with the professional standards defined by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the General Inspection is an independent and objective sector that provides the organization with insurance on the degree of control of its operations, gives advice on how the organization can improve and contributes to the creation of added value.
It helps the organization to achieve its objectives by evaluating, through a systematic and methodical approach, its processes of risk management, control, and corporate governance, and making proposals to strengthen their effectiveness.
These rich and varied experiences are at the heart of the profession:
General Inspection employees assess the levels of risk incurred, the control processes implemented to manage them and managerial performance.
Throughout the course of their engagements, they will be asked to quickly analyze various situations to identify the risks and issues, conduct on-site investigations, issue findings and propose recommendations to the group’s leaders.
The proposed recommendations help the group to strengthen the effectiveness of its processes and thus to achieve its objectives.
The main responsibilities are :
• acquire knowledge of the activity being audited by demonstrating his or her sense of initiative;
• use his or her abilities to analyze and synthesize during engagements by applying BNP Paribas Group’s audit methodology;
• lead audit engagements;
• validate the quality and the accuracy of the findings;
• issue relevant recommendations;
• write quality engagement reports;
• present the findings of the engagements to the Bank’s senior management;
• manage the engagements and priorities effectively;
• share his or her expertise with other team members;
• approve the audit recommendations;
• investigate serious incidents or cases of fraud when required;
• maintain his or her skills and expertise through continuing training on the important changes in the profession and the banking industry; and
• demonstrate ethical behaviour.
The General Inspection of BNP Paribas is looking for highly motivated candidates who have the following qualifications and skills to succeed as an auditor:
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
• Certification as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or CFA would be an asset
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 4 years working in financial institutions paired with five years experience of experience as an external or internal auditor
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
• Knowledge of banking practices in credit risk, market or operational management
• Knowledge of Basel III rules
• Knowledge of the compliance standards of external regulatory agencies
• Excellent knowledge of written and verbal English and French
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Ability to analyze and synthesize
• A good listener with good communication skills
• Intellectual curiosity
• A free thinker
• Team spirit
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.