BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Consulting & Transformation (C&T) is part of the COO scope and its goal is to advise BNP Paribas’ Management, participating in the framing, design and implementation of projects and operating models aimed at supporting global CIB Functions & Business lines, having both a global and local mandate.
Agile Project Management practice (Agile PM) is part of the C&T perimeter in Portugal and integrated in an EMEA structure (Paris & London). The Practice aims at supporting CIB growth and transformation by providing Project Management expertise focused on implementation over a wide range of strategic projects on areas as Risk, HR, Data and Technology.
The team supports all CIB business lines and has become a trusted advisor to the Senior Management for project management purposes. Agile PM Practice uses a blend of PM methodologies and personal experiences to ensure an efficient project delivery. The Practice is now growing and is seeking a Project Manager to join the team and support the delivery of a steady projects’ portfolio coupled with an increasing demand for business and digital transformation.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Managers are expected to integrate and strengthen the practice to facilitate and ensure the success of transformation projects while striving for the continuous improvement of the project management methodologies and associated tools and techniques.
The successful candidates will benefit from training opportunities and team interactions that will provide them with the required banking know-how to allow them to drive transformation into the core of BNP Paribas in Portugal.
As Project Manager, you will advise or manage end-to-end projects ensuring that the key project outcomes are delivered:
- Provide support to meaningful project structure and governance, and the management of key stakeholders
- Provide method and expertise to frame and execute one projects, or specific project streams, on time, on quality and on budget
- Participate on meetings and workshops using pertinent techniques and providing perceptive results
- Support the preparation and delivery of presentations for clients and CIB management
- Provide continuous support to the other team members
- Facilitate the knowledge sharing within the team
Education, Qualifications and Training:
- Business School or Master Degree or Engineering School
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Project Management, strategy and management consulting or related tasks is required
- Previous experience in financial services is appreciated
Work Based Competencies:
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. PMI-PMP, PRINCE2, SCRUM) is appreciated
- Excellent command of English – French is a plus
- Proficient command of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- Energetic, proactive, determined, drives change, positive, goal-focused and consistent
- Create an open and supportive atmosphere, encouraging others to express themselves
- Proven emotional and situational intelligence to influence positively clients towards change
- Provide honest and independent advice
- Act with discretion, privacy, respecting confidentiality
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.