At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster response plans to facilitate the recovery of specific critical processes and applications in the event of a significant business disruption. Assesses both financial and non-financial impacts of a critical process or application on the critical business units by initiating and maintaining a Business Impact Analysis (BIA). Develops or assists in developing and maintaining a Pandemic Plan, to address crisis management response triggers. Develops and maintains a Crisis Management framework, to include mass notification system, Crisis Management Teams, and Emergency Operational Centers.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Plans, conducts and maintains a Business Impact Analysis (BIA). Analyzes BIA data and ensures that business units update and or make the appropriate changes to their business continuity and DR plans as required by the BIA.
- Performs risk analysis for business areas to identify points of vulnerability and recommend crisis business disruptions and reduction strategies.
- Provides guidance to critical business units and coordinates the development of business resumption and disaster recovery plans throughout the enterprise.
- Establishes crisis recovery testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas to ensure the recovery procedures are effective.
- Conducts business continuity and disaster recovery training for stakeholders in all priority business areas
- Develops emergency response and crisis management procedures; publishes and updates procedures to reflect changes in staff, location, and organization.
- Assists recovery support and business resumption staff during a crisis in the implementation of response and business resumption and operating strategies.
- Work with vendors of disaster recovery services and facilities; conduct vendor assessment, negotiations and develop contract proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Good knowledge of corporate organization and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the bank's key functional processes and resources.
- Good knowledge of information technology and general business procedures in order to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures.
- Good knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as methods used in performing risk and business impact analyses.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security