Job Title: Senior Risk Analyst
Hours: Permanent - Full Time
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we’re part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We’re here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners and the wider community. That’s why we live by our values of we're positive, we’re brave and we own it.
To assist the Risk manager to take responsibility for optimising profitability for the BNP Paribas Personal Finance portfolio by providing information, analysis and technical support for the development and implementation of Risk strategies, which improve portfolio performance and improve customer experience.
To supervise risk analysts as requested, taking responsibility for the work that they undertake.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance provides credit facilities for a variety of clients. This challenging role helps in the development of risk strategies, policies, and procedures, which optimise the conflicting objectives of maximising, accept rates and revenue whilst controlling delinquency, fraud and bad debt whilst treating customers fairly by putting them at the heart of everything we do
- Assist in the development and monitoring of loss forecasting.
- Develop and recommend risk policy across the account lifecycle.
- Develop, recommend and monitor risk strategies which maximise revenue whilst minimising bad debt and detrimental customer behaviours.
- Provide portfolio management reports which evaluate the risk profile of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance Customer base.
- Provide analysis to improve the impact of strategies set.
- Provide MIS which is used to update senior management on the risk status of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance portfolio.
- As requested, liaise with other departments or external organisations e.g. Credit Bureau on relevant issues.
- Liaise with Operational teams as requested to ensure that policies and procedures are being complied with in an efficient manner in order to protect our customer’s interests.
- Supervise risk analysts as requested, taking responsibility for the work that they undertake.
Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in SAS Base / SQL or similar programming language
- Highly Numerate
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Able to take initiative and ownership of work
- Ability to liaise and work with other departments.
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Able to get the best out of people
- Ability to supervise and train other members of staff if needed
- Good Excel & Word skills
Could this be you?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it’s a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2022 and being part of a team that changes customers lives, there are some excellent benefits too including - a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. There are also monthly awards with plenty of opportunities to win vouchers and prizes. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers (bnpparibas-pf.co.uk).