About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with approximately 199,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
Bank of the West is a regional financial services company, headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. It has more than 600 branches and offices in the Midwest and Western United States.
The requirement being addressed here is for the technology solution delivery unit of the Commercial Banking Group. The solution delivery group supports the entire array of technology infrastructure that makes up the business process linked to Onboarding, maintenance, services and closure operations linked to corporate banking product offering of the bank.
Business Line / Function:
CCB- Bank of the West IT
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Bank of the West is seeking a Devops Software Engineer for the below functions:
- Maintaining CI/CD Pipeline for Treasury Now, Payment Hub Applications
- Develop Scripts / hooks as necessary for CI/CD
- Manage Deployments
- Manage Configuration for Treasury Now, Payment Hub Applications
- Troubleshooting non-prod Environments
- Provide Level 2 and 3 support for production issues.
- Support Development teams with deployments, troubleshooting, configuration updates, and environment updates like patching.
- Support production deployment team during releases to ensure deployment plan is executed with no errors and if any issue arise we are able to support to ensure a successful deploy into production.
- Work with team to automate repetitive tasks like patch restarts and enable Dev team automation for restarts of application environment.
- Review security scans and work with Dev and production teams to remediate security findings
- Work with Performance team on load tests and environment tuning.
- Support CI/CD configuration and review workflows and pipelines and recommend improvements if enhancements are discovered.
- Preform DB seed execution and MongoDB clean up to support application updates.
- Provide environment recommendations when enhancements are possible.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Extensive expertise in various flavors of Unix, specifically Linux
- Understanding of development and deployment automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of systems configuration management tools such as Docker, Gitlab, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, ANT, Openshift.
- Experience deploying Java, J2EE, Node, and C++ applications with Python, Unix Shell Scripting, REST API and SOAP.
- Good understanding of test case writing, testing methodology and testing user stories.
- Knowledge and support of Jboss EAP, Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, Jetty, Redis, Nodejs, MongoDB, and HA Proxy.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies
- Experience with version control best practices based Content Management systems ( SVN, GIT.), including branching and merging strategies
- Hands on experience in application monitoring and tuning.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- 6-8 years’ experience required
- Willing to work in shifts to overlap with US day time (After noon 2:00 PM IST to 11:30 PM IST)