About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with approximately 199,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business line/Function :
As part of the RISK function, the mission of RISK Global Markets (RISK GM) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the Operating Divisions, and of the RISK Function with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risks and clients managed by Global Market.
RISK GM is responsible for monitoring and analyzing all market, liquidity and counterparty risks on the trading book. Furthermore, they contribute to the approval of transactions from market and counterparty risk perspectives and are responsible for the review of valuations and reserves.
Market Risk Analyst
RISK Global Markets
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The successful candidate will join a team of market risk analyst located in Mumbai and mainly in charge of centralizing and streamlining risk production tasks for Risk GM across APAC. This team will be hierarchically attached to the RISK GM South Asia team, and report to the Head of RISK GM Production APAC
- Daily and weekly production of market risk limits and positions reports.
- Daily analysis of risks variation for each business activity in order to detect any risk quality issue
- Take ownership of production tasks as delegated by Risk GM APAC teams
- Industrialize and streamline all delegated production tasks in an effort to increase our efficiency and achieve synergies across GBL and regions through automation and innovation.
- Follow strictly the Risk GM procedures defined globally
- Maintain a close working relationship with regional Risk GM teams.
- Maintain a good relationship through clear a precise communication with GM trading while producing daily limit reports
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of market, liquidity and counterparty risks.
- Develop closer interaction with RCA team and look for new way to work together to transform our production operating model.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Curious and eager to learn
- Analytical and Problem solving capacity.
- Taking initiative and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Some knowledge of banking, Capital markets, Derivatives products and market risks
- Good analytical skills
Proficiency in using Microsoft office tools / VB language for MS Applications, as well as coding in general (Python, R...)
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)