At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the design, development, modification, testing, adaption, and/or implementation of short- and long-term software solutions to business and technology needs. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Works independently in a fast paced environment on issues of the highest complexity.
Essential Job Functions
- Hands on experience in designing & developing high volume, low latency applications and high‐availability and performance
- Writing well designed, testable & efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of development life cycle
- Prepare & produce release of software components
- Support continues improvement by investigating alternatives & technologies and presenting these for Architectural review
- Conducts a wide range of highly complex quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Establishes improvements to increase efficiency
- Revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and Technology strategy
Other Job Duties
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Mentors engineers
- Manages tasks of team of engineers and their delivery
- Coordinates and communicates applications support activities with key stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Java & J2EE internals ﴾Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction Management﴿
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL & ORM technologies ﴾Hibernate﴿
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework ﴾Spring MVC, JSF etc﴿
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.