Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Solihull (Hybrid working)
Hours: Permanent-Full Time
Participate in the 24/7/364 on-call rota. (One week in six)
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we’re part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We’re here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners and the wider community. That’s why we live by our values of we're positive, we’re brave and we own it.
You will join the Infrastructure and Devops team, and will be responsible for the continual smooth running of the company’s servers, especially customer facing web sites, their operations and the performance of the software running on them. Monitoring, problem solving and growth management.
Working in a ticket based environment handling all areas of Infrastructure, from the bare metal hardware, VMware hosts and environment, Wintel servers and all storage.
We are currently starting on a journey to move some of our infrastructure to a Cloud solution, so experience of cloud solutions and/or migrations would be useful.
- Work in a ticket-based environment handling all aspects of BNP PF Infrastructure
from resolving simple problems outlined clearly in tickets following defined processes to more complex problem solving requiring a variety of technical skills in a team environment.
- Building servers to internal customer and team specifications and participate in security audits and patching.
- Working on key projects, this could be for the infrastructure area or wider business.
- Weekend, public holiday and after-hours work may be required depending upon business priority.
- As part of the team there is a shared responsibility for day to day operational activities such as Backups, Wintel Admin, and Incident Management.
- Working with other teams around the areas of Problem Management, Release Problem Management, Change Problem Management, Capacity Problem Management, Availability Problem Management, Service Level Problem Management and Configuration Problem Management processes and procedures for IT in line with best industry practice and company standards.
- Working with the Security Team, implement & deploy required security updates and changes.
- Work on new projects as required
Skills & Attributes:
- Windows administration skills.
- Cloud provider hands on knowledge (i.e. Azure, AWS, GCP etc.)
- Server Installation and configuration
- Analyse and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Virtualization on VMware (ESXi, vCenter)
- Windows Active Directory
- Web server knowledge (apache, IIS)
- Experience of Cloud solutions (Azure , IBM DMZR)
- Window Server 2019 and above – Build and administration including Active Directory Management and Group Policy
- Application support experience with Wintel platforms
Could this be you?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it’s a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2022 and being part of a team that changes customer’s lives, there are some excellent benefits too including - a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. There are also monthly awards with plenty of opportunities to win vouchers and prizes. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers (bnpparibas-pf.co.uk).
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
BNP Paribas Personal Finance promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.