About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Data and Artificial Intelligence LAB is a team with the mandate to leverage the latest techniques of Machine Learning for the benefit of Global Market Business. Today we are a team of around 30 Data Scientists based in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Lisbon, New York and Singapore and now expanding to Mumbai.
Front Office Support / Global Prime Finance
Business Line / Function:
Front Office Support / Global Prime Finance
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Our goal is to deliver Machine Learning based solutions for the Global Market activity. Our main sponsors are trading, sales, structuring or strategists.
We use Machine Learning in four different type of context:
- To automate some easy and repetitive tasks, freeing up some time of our users to concentrate of more challenging tasks
- To speed up or simplify some process: Machine Learning can help to replace a task already automated but slow and heavy by something faster or easier to maintain: indeed sometimes it is easier to maintain data examples, than maintaining some code !
- To scale a process well done by humans but requiring a lot of time to take a decision: in this case we use Machine Learning to pre-process as much as possible the information and present it in a digestible manner, allowing him to take faster decisions, to be more systematic and to scale to more situations or opportunities. Large Language Models like ChatGPT will be a key enabler for those tasks
- To predict what may happen in the future, by ingesting large amount of data in a very short time, a task that is usually extremely difficult for a human. It is usually based on time series.
1. Manage the local Mumbai data science team.
2. Deliver machine-learning based solutions for the business of global market and for its functions
3. Maintain proper collaboration and communication with the rest of the team world-wide
4. Deliver and maintain proper code following the LAB and Light IT guidelines and best practices of DevOps and MLOps
5. Provide support for the daily production of the models delivered by the Mumbai team but potentially as well for other models during Asian time.
6. Contribute to the weekly education forum of the global team where we review external innovation on AI space
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Significant Experience in machine learning
- Significant Experience in Python programming (or other programming languages)
- Excellent communication skills, show initiative to engage with teams spread across regions.
- Attention to detail, ability to raise problems immediately to the broader team when necessary
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : IT, Tech et Data
Au-delà d’être un groupe financier, BNP Paribas est aussi une entreprise technologique. Les systèmes d’information, la data et les outils sont au cœur de notre ADN et offrent de nombreuses opportunités professionnelles !En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.