About the job
- The Operations Engineering (OE) team is responsible for providing data, insights, and creating automations technically robust to Global Markets front office
- The team aims to build solid automations by connecting to the various systems, and develop analysis, reports and dashboards to provide valuable insights to the Front Office in a rapid, agile manner
- Our team is in direct contact with business sponsors, sales, and traders
Your Main Activities Are
- Leverage large volumes of data from internal sources
- Develop, maintain, and support data pipelines
- Understand and be the point of contact for the business and assess its needs
- Ensure architecture meets business requirements
- Design and implement robust automation systems
- Recommend ways to efficiently provide quality data and added value
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with GIT (preferably bitbucket)
- Professional experience with Python
- Professional experience with Pandas
- Professional experience with SQL
- Professional experience with ETL processes
- Optimization of Data processes (efficient queries and memory management practices)
- Professional experience with Data Analysis or Data Engineering
- Knowledge of Tableau/PowerBI or other visualization too
- Knowledge of CI / CD (Jenkins)
- Knowledge and interest in financial markets are a plus
- Fluent level of English
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.