About the job
- Operations team is in charge of functional support on market and counterparty risk systems of the bank. The team in Portugal is focusing in particular on the quality aspects of the data that feeds those systems: ensuring data quality issues are resolved, putting in place meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) about data quality, reviewing and improving existing processes and KPIs, and assisting on the preparation of material for committees where those KPIs are discussed. The mission of Operations team is met by
- Ensuring clients and Senior management have a clear vision of the quality of the services provided by Operation teams, thanks to the production of meaningful KPIs about our main services
- Resolution of incidents related to data quality
- Regular calibration of market variables used for the calculation of risk metrics
- Streamlining, running, documenting existing processes that currently lack industrialization
Your Main Activities Are
- Work on Data quality aspects, putting in place Key Performance Indicators about the quality of the data in our systems (statistics on timeliness and quality of daily risk indicators) and maintaining these KPIs
- Investigate issues detected by those KPIs and help to resolve them permanently
- To help on the regular analysis and update of the parameters used in risk management systems (such as interest rates or FX rates). Help to explain Value-at-Risk movements based on recent updates of such market variables
- Provide training and guidance to new users of the system where required
- Build close links with risk analysts and other internal RISK Systems clients
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, IT or related field
- Fluent level of English
- Fluency with all MS Office tools: strong technical skills with Excel, PowerPoint, potentially PowerBI
- Good market and/or counterparty risk knowledge
- Knowledge of risk metrics (VaR, PFE) and capital market products (derivatives, stocks, bonds) are a strong plus.
- Proficiency in statistics highly appreciated
- Knowledge in SQL and Python is a plus
- Delivery-focused with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
About the Team
- The mission of RISK is to provide Senior Management of the Group and of the Operating Divisions, with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risk and clients managed by Corporate and Investment Banking ( CIB ) and Investment Solutions (IS) business units. RISK contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision-making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions. RISK Systems team is part of RISK. Its mission consists in providing the Bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process. In this context, Operations team is a global team responsible for the production of market and counterparty risk metrics to the RISK function. The team is split between London, Paris, Hong Kong, New York, Singapore, Mumbai, Brussels, Montreal, Sao Paulo, Lisbon and Porto
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : IT, Tech et Data
Au-delà d’être un groupe financier, BNP Paribas est aussi une entreprise technologique. Les systèmes d’information, la data et les outils sont au cœur de notre ADN et offrent de nombreuses opportunités professionnelles !En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.