About the job
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. Global Markets encompasses multiple global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. In the context of Global Markets organization, and of BNPP’s Client-centric strategy
- The Corporate Sales Assistant aims to accompany the continuous enhancement of the quality of service provided to our Corporate clients, notably post-trade services. Its role is to support Corporate Sales in their daily tasks (pre-trade to post-trade processes), in the most timely and efficient manner. The Corporate Sales assistant is a key contact for external clients but also for other BNPP functions
Your Main Activities Are
- The Trader and Sales Assistant team aims to accompany the continuous enhancement of the quality of service provided to our clients, notably post-trade services. Its role is to support traders and sales in their daily tasks (pre-trade to post-trade processes), in the most timely and efficient manner. The Sales assistant is the key contact for external clients but also for other BNPP functions
- Main key responsibilities
- Onboarding / recertification
- Ensure onboarding and recertification requests are completed in due time
- Raise and track MAOS requests
- Prepare & review KYC forms required for GM including Transaction Profile
- Support Corporate Sales on answering potential CEP and Compliance information requests
- FO Static Data maintenance
- Assist GM Sales in the maintenance of the customer relationship tool
- Post trade processes
- Ensure post trade processes are timely performed and up to the level expected from a world leading Investment bank
- Ensure all Booking queries are addressed and escalated to the Marketer where appropriate
- Ensure all trades are confirmed in due time to the relevant Client on Trade Date
- Ensure Fixing Advices are sent in due time to the relevant Client
- Ensure Margin calls
- Ensure all Client Static Data is kept up to date - By passing any new or updated information to the Static Data / On-boarding or SSI teams; or By performing ad-hoc reconciliations of our records against those of the Client
- Ensure clients claims are managed in a timely manner by the Operational teams
- Act as an intermediary between the Marketers and all Operational areas of the Bank
- Execute daily controls to mitigate risks
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Mathematics, Finance, Economics or similar areas
- Knowledge of the GM Global Macro set-up (organisation, IT tools, among others)
- Interest in Financial Markets
- Fluency in English
- Good Team spirit and ability to establish strong relationship across the organisation FO to BO
- Displays strong self-organization and multi-tasking capacity, with attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and always with a professional attitude, with the highest ethical standards
- Strong judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability, drive for results and delivers high-quality work
- Client-focus attitude with stakeholders and end-clients (internal and external)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.