Job Description – APAC
Senior Associate – Fund Accounting
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
A Mutual Fund Accountant is primarily responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting for one or more assigned mutual funds and/or institutional funds. Major Responsibilities: Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review
- Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review.
- Record accurately, and in accordance with the Department policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries.
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to management, and assisting in their resolution
- Acquire complete understanding of NAV Calculation & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, Corporate Actions, etc.
- Should be able to handle different types of instruments and understand their impact on NAV.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
- Support in preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
- Ensure ISAE3402 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
- Inform & document all errors identified during review stage within same day. Should take initiative in resolving any repetitive errors or training gaps.
- Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
- Adhere to Quality of 100% while producing & reviewing NAVs.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Must have an attention to detail
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Primary Location: IN-TN-ChennaiJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: BeginnerSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: ResilienceTransversal competency: Ability to set up relevant performance indicators