In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The AVP - PERE plays a critical role in the Private Equity & Real Estate team. The role will require technical expertise in processing and reviewing functions with respect to PERE Administration services delivered to the BNP Paribas client base.
The role is responsible for the output and service delivery of the PERE team and will include the provision of technical expertise for all middle office and back office activities. This role will focus on the delivery of daily activities for PERE assets, but also support onboarding and transitions, as well as business change projects and business improvements, to ensure a consistent and sustainable operating model.
The operational controls and oversight will include the review and delivery of the following activities:
- Processing, record keeping and control of capital calls, distributions, subscriptions, redemptions and transfers of shares/units
- Review and analysis of documents received in relation to any direct or indirect investments before processing/instructing the related payments
- Reconciliation of assets and market valuations
- Ensure all PERE transactions have been executed on the dedicated platforms
- Preparation of client reporting on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist in the on boarding of new assets including system setup, review of documentation, and liaising with related internal and external counterparties in a timely manner
- Project and restructure work
In addition, the AVP - PERE where required, will actively participate in strategic internal and external meetings along with the rest of the team, and will provide input regarding new business requests. They are subsequently responsible for ensuring the operational implementation of any service delivery changes to meet client needs.
- Active participation in client and internal meetings where required
- Operational leadership of change incorporating client requirements and process reviews
- Validation for all activities related to transaction processing and carrying out our ‘business as usual’ tasks
- Full service delivery in line with client SLA’s
- Business Implementation – including onboarding of new clients, restructures, product development, statutory and regulatory change
- Supporting the overall service delivery via cross-team cooperation/communication
- Act as a conduit of change for business, IT and client projects across the organisation.
- Actively contribute and participate in all Culture and Leadership initiatives
- Influencing the desired culture of flexibility, accountability and openness to change and leading by example
- Ability to adapt to change, and to approach team and organizational changes with an innovative approach
- Active participation in senior client meetings as well as technical escalation point for client issues or changes
- End of year financial reporting to meet specific client SLA terms
- Ensuring implementation of operational risk and legislative requirements in all output
- Analysis, innovation, development and implementation of change and process improvement
- Maintain and monitor the BP2S Risk Control Framework for the services provided to client, including formal supervision and working closely with Risk and Compliance and Operational Controllers, identifying potential risks and developing controls to mitigate them
Technical Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for the role:
- Related alternative investment experience within the financial services industry preferred
- Proven track record with regards to managing change processes, and the ability to create and implement solutions
- Ability to foster and maintain strong interpersonal relationships both internally and externally
- A strong technical background incorporating aspects of valuation of PERE assets, impacts on fund accounting, unit pricing, and reporting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well individually, and within a small team environment
It is important that the candidate is able to respond in professional manner to clients, BNP Paribas staff, colleagues and executives, ensuring always that the reputation of the department and BNP Paribas is enhanced by their actions. The candidate will require excellent communication skills both written and oral. This individual should have a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence in their work.
Core Competencies required for the role:
- Business acumen - Identifies potential opportunities to maximise business growth.
- Change management - Displays flexibility to change and is open to new ideas. Encourages others to be open to innovation. Values feedback and gives people scope and confidence to generate ideas
- Client Focus - Complete commitment to provide professional, insightful and timely responses to our clients’ needs and to changes in the market
- Collaborative approach - Supports and shows respect for others. Puts people first, and works effectively with individuals, teams and clients.
- Impact & influence - Creates a positive and professional impact on others. Exhibits persuasive representation of team and business objectives.
- Individual Leadership - Adjusts behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals. Role models the organisational values at all times.
- Risk awareness - Adheres to the organisation’s processes and procedures. Demonstrates a good understanding of compliance issues and implements work practices that minimise operational and reputational risk