Job Description – Java Developer
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The mission of Risk-Investment & Markets (Risk-IM) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the Operating Divisions, and of Risk Management with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risks and clients managed by Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Investment Solutions (IS) business units.
The Risk Systems team is part of Risk-IM, which mission includes providing the bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process.
The Data Fabric team is responsible for delivering large scale risk data architecture, supporting regular and rapid re-configuration in compliance with increasingly stringent data governance rules.
The team is growing because both risk and data are key areas which are being invested in to enable the BNP Paribas to meet its objectives.
16 Jul 2019
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The role is for a Java Developer with experience of working within a dynamic and demanding environment reacting to changing business needs who works equally well as an individual or as part of a team with good Analysis and Development.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years commercial development experience on J2EE technology with spring and Sybase ASE/SQL.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for learning and working closely with the rest of development team which is located in London and Paris (BA’s). The candidate should be flexible enough to work on both small scale enhancements and must also have the ability to undertake larger complicated projects with other developers. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide 3rd level intraday support, and take part in overnight support on a Rota basis.
Previous experience within the investment banking sector is not essential but a highly motivated and skilled individual who can add to the current group of talented developers is considered more important
· Develop; implement and unit test the required solution, respecting BNP Paribas best practices, standards and tools.
· Collect, document and analyze user requirements.
· Translate user requirements into system requirements and specifications including domain, data, and architecture and design models.
· Document the solution for maintenance, support and users.
· Take part in peer group code reviews
· Take part in quality assurance reviews
· Provide estimates for work
· Provide updates of status and estimates to complete
· Identify risks and issues, and help monitor them
· Plan, design, perform, support and document integration tests
· Plan, design, perform, support and document system tests
· Plan, design, perform, support and document regression tests
· Support user tests
· Intraday 3rd level support
· Overnight support on a Rota basis
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Hands on Experience on any Java Script libraries (Preferable Ext JS)
· Hands on Experience on Core Java 1.8+, Sybase ASE/SQL
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of Spring 4+
· Excellent software coding, documentation and analysis skills
· Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Practices
· Hands on basic UNIX skills
Good To Have:
· Restful Webservices
· Hibernate 4+
· Spring MVC
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)