At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing administrative support for executives, primarily performing advanced, complex, diverse and confidential administrative support duties and secondarily performing secretarial support duties. Works independently. Requires thorough knowledge of unit practices, policies, programs, business and organization of Bank of the West (the Bank). Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgment and initiative on assignments and communications of a highly sensitive nature. May handle personal business matters for senior executives to allow the senior executives to concentrate their efforts on managing of the Bank's business. May direct the work of other support personnel.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Handles the day-to-day administrative duties, monitors deadlines and follows up on pending matters.
- Interacts continuously with various Bank executives to resolve highly complex issues.
- Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages. Types correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers and related materials for unit staff. Formats documents and determines page layout and selection of different fonts.
- Initiates and independently researches complex information requests, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes and summarizes data for projects and reports, prepares the materials and determines method of presentation.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail and visitors. Routes callers, takes messages and answers questions relating to the unit’s function. May interact with Bank clients to schedule appointments, answer questions and resolve highly complex issues. May act as information source for the unit.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Bank’s policies, procedures and functions. Initiates responses to correspondence for senior executive or own signature.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records and other documents.
- May take minutes of meetings and maintains the final records of the meetings.
- Furnishes and obtains information from other senior officers or outside clients and/or contacts.
- Processes and maintains information of a highly complex and confidential nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the Bank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
#LI-LH1Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Administrative / Clerical