To gather requirements, analyse, document and propose solutions for large and/or complex business areas including workflow and functional specifications. To assist in the preparation of user and system test plans.
To produce functional specifications by liaising with internal BNP Paribas Personal Finance departments to establish Business Requirements;
- Collect, understand, and transmit the business requirements following the MoSCoW methodology for the project or the Request for Service (RS), and translate these into functional specifications and detailed test plans
- Act as the interface and lynch-pin between the business, internal Development Team and third parties dependant on the systems that need to be changed
- Build good working relationships with the internal departments within BNP Paribas Personal Finance
- Analyse the requirements and ensure that the business implications for all areas have been considered, challenging the originator as required
- Lead workshops to establish requirements.
- Support the request for service initiator and follow the Request for Service process
- Provide accurate estimates working with the Development team, Infrastructure team and Technical Architect.
- Analyse and document business processes. Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from internal customer on the specifications.
- Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Design and execute the test scenarios and test scripts, working with the test team.
- Manage on a day to day basis change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Produce weekly reports for the project manager showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies
Ensure work is planned and controlled;
- Report progress, on a regular basis, to Business owner / Applications Development and Support Manager
- Highlight exceptions and difficulties to Business owner / Applications Development and Support Manager and escalate where necessary to the Head of Applications
- Dependant on business requirement / size of change act as the IT representative on companywide projects
- Adopt and adhere to change control processes
- Produce weekly status report and provide these to the Applications Development and Support Manager for projects/Request for Service work assigned to you
- Ensure that you understand the Release Management process and the global methodologies used as part of the change process and adhere to this
- Challenge Third Parties where necessary on the system solution, making sure it fits with Business requirements and any business impact within the operational customer facing areas have been investigated
- Document the success of each change as it gets implemented into production and ensure the quality measures are in place e.g. number of incidents, good procedures for operations documented etc….to monitor and report on effectiveness
- For all agreed projects and Request for Service produce System Test deliverables that covers the following to agreed timescales and quality:
- Test plan and objectives of the changes
- Test specifications
- Test scripts and results
- Test data
- Plan and execute the testing
- Provide documented proof of test results for business sign off
- Raise any defects via the defect management process and manage the prioritisation and reporting of defects in line with agreed corporate standards
- Escalate any serious issues that could jeopardise the delivery of system change to the Applications Development and Support Manager / Head of Systems
Drive towards continual improvement;
- Build a rounded knowledge of the business systems and become a business expert for BNP Paribas Personal Finance in relation to the way the systems work to support the business
- Try to make sure that more use is made of parameter driven solutions rather than developments
- Understand the business process and the impact of change on each of the areas