About the job
- Within CIB ITO Global Banking Operations, CIB Agency EMEA act as Facility Agent on syndicated loans set up by all Capital Markets business lines (Debt Market, Leveraged Debt Platform, Energy Resources & Infrastructures, Asset Finance, among other). The role of the Agent is to coordinate all flows relating to a syndicated loan (financial and information), and to act as an interface between the borrowers and their lenders
Your Main Activities Are
- Treating daily operations relating to a portfolio of syndicated loans closed by Paris Agency
- Portfolio Management
- Customer relation: Owner of customer relationship aspects; Interface with the borrower on documentation and functional aspects; Collection of financial and technical information; Sending/providing documents to lenders; Liaison with technical advice; Management of questions and answers between the borrower and the lenders; Contact management (mailing list, Debt domain); Verification of compliance with contractual commitments (financial ratios, change in margin); Collection and control of resolutive conditions; Maintenance of securities; Management of draws and renewals in supervision of the back office; Supervision of the management of shareholding transfers carried out by the Settlement Officers; Management of extension options; Refund management; Organization of conference calls / bank meetings
- Management of waivers and amendments: Proofreading/negotiation of legal documentations; Vote management (sending, Q&A collection, vote counting, conditions management); Instruction relaying to the back office for updating relevant systems; Management of financial flows where applicable
Profile and Skills to Success
- Masters Degree in Economics, Finance and Accounting
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Fluent (C1-C2) English level required
- Client focused
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Analytical Ability
- Client and Regional Knowledge - Corporate clients
- Compliance - Compliance knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office Pack (Excel, PowerPoint)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.