About the job
Global Markets OPC & TAC Coordination is part of the Conduct & Control Office and also operates in all regions with the primary objective of strengthening the front to end internal control set up for GM, designing the operational risk cartography and driving the operational risk regulatory capital.
The department is organized around 3 streams:
- Operational Risk Practice: contribute to protect the business (P&L, reputation)
- Regulatory Practice: support any regulatory requirement with a sustainable framework, in line with the dedicated Governance, Control Plan & Risk Assessment
- Conduct Practice: assess and challenge the effectiveness of the Conduct control set-up as well as ensure a full convergence between Conduct Risk Identification (CRI), Risk and Control Self-Assessment – RCSA
The RCSA senior analyst will report into the Head of Global RCSA stream in London. The RCSA senior analyst will work in close partnership with first & second line partners (Risk, Compliance, etc.) and will support/ contribute to the deployment of the Front to End RCSA with a focus on the data aspects of the exercise. The scope of responsibility covers the non-financial risks (Operational risk, Conduct risk, Regulatory risk) for Global Markets sales and trading desks.
Your Main Activities Are
The key responsibilities of the RCSA senior analyst include:
Performance of the RCSA:
- Contribute to the determination of the level of intrinsic risk, quality of control framework and residual risk pertaining to each risk of the exercise in application of BNPP Group methodologies and tools
- Enhance the data model & tools deployed by GM OPC to support the RCSA lifecycle
- Challenge notably through quantitative analysis the effectiveness of GM control set up against non-financial risks
- Organize, support, document the reviews with stakeholders into RCSA documentation and tools
- Follow up of remediation against material weaknesses identified over the RCSA
Contribution to the definition and enhancement of the permanent control framework across GM activities:
- Monitor market practices and regulatory guidance to ensure framework remains at par with peers and supervisory expectations
- Strengthen FO to End control set up through the declaration & analysis of conduct risk related incidents
- Contribute to the design of risk reduction actions & coordinate the implementation with stakeholders (FO, Ops, Compliance, etc)
- Follow-up of the implementation of both internal and external recommendations, from acceptance to closure
- Anticipate potential future areas of regulatory, conduct and operational risks
Facilitation of relevant governance bodies:
- Prepare appropriate materials and contribute to the various GM Boards, GM Internal Control Committee (ICC) or Regulatory bodies per the GM RCSA topics
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Management
- Prior experience in LoD1 – LoD3 in financial services is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office tools
- Understanding of capital markets key risks, processes and controls (preferred)
- Good awareness of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts (preferred)
- Analytical and quantitative skills, precision, rigorousness combined with a critical mindset
- Team spirit, ability to work with others and capacity to think out-the-box
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.