*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
- Manage equity indices in firm's internal systems for trading.Create index simulations for trading when index providers announce corporate actions.
- Work with IT to develop index composition upload scripts to automate index constituents uploads into BNPP systems.
- Forecast trading impact due to corporate actions on constituents of BNPP licensed indices.
- Alert Front Office Trading and Middle Booking teams of all current and forecasted corporate actions.
- Liaise between front office and back office of voluntary corporate actions elections by front office.
- Coordinate meetings with front office and back office to explain details and impact of major/complex corporate actions.
- Maintain (update, reconcile, and ensure consistency) cash dividends in all BNPP booking systems.
- Manage projects designed to improve daily trading operations
- Answer and fulfill all requests by clients (front office and middle office).
- Strive for automation, work with IT to constantly innovate and improve processes that are currently manual and can be automated.
- Contribute to promote an efficient dialog/discussions with our clients/partners;
- Take part in the management of projects: Work with teams of project management on the various projects;
- Be an asset of proposal/suggestion to develop/expand/evolve tools in order to satisfy our customer (internal and external)
- Keep its managers in charge informed of the progress of the projects;
- Contributes to develop innovation and minimize risk (bring new ideas, new processes)
- Contributes to Team development by enhanced cooperation’s with BO, IT and FO
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors in Business related field
- Ability to think independently as being a part of small team in the US requires that autonomous thinking.
- Position requires that one have a strong ability to pay attention to detail when it comes to both decipheringinformation and updating data as required by the role.
- Ability to communicate clearly to trading and other internal constituents who rely on written and oral communication
- Knowledge of all indices small, mid and large cap. MSCI, S&P, DOW, NASDAQ etc.
- Knowledge with Bloomberg
- Easiness/expertise in dealing with Excel advanced functions, VBA and Python languages
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.