Based at BNP Paribas Real Estate office headquarters in St Pauls and reporting to the Head of IT, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and support of the IT Governance framework working with the IT management team to implement best practice operational governance processes in line with the wider group governance strategy. In addition, they will create and administer the IT governance calendar to ensure all governance activities including reporting, meetings, audits and reviews are completed in a timely and controlled manner.
The successful candidate will also have responsibility for establishing a formal Quality Management system that will enable the continual improvement of IT service delivery through implementing best practice processes and measures.
The successful candidate will have strong and relevant experience in IT governance management in a similar sized organisation. They should also be able to demonstrate experience in the creation and management of a Quality management system, preferably with an IT environment.
In order to meet our expectations, the successful candidate should have an eagerness for continued personal and professional development with a focus on delivering world class service to service users.
They should relish working in a team environment with the ability to interact and share ideas, but be equally confident working independently to deliver new methods and processes.
- Establish and manage an IT Governance Framework that defines the way in which the IT Department works, manages and reports on its activity.
- Manages the Annual Permanent Controls Campaign to support the strategic goals of the organisation and supports the Heads of Teams to remediate IT Control deficiencies.
- Delivery of internal control transformation programmes
- Managing and co-ordinating internal and external IT audits ensuring full collaboration with the auditors.
- Administer an IT Governance Calendar that sets out important deadlines and activities that the IT management team should action to ensure compliance with the wider group governance strategy.
- Implement and manage a Quality Management system that defines how the IT Department deliver their services and measure that delivery against key quality measurements.
- With Heads of Teams, creates a formal approach to continual service improvement and works to consistently improve that delivery through embedding best practice policies and process.
- Implement Reporting dashboards that demonstrates ongoing compliance against governance, IT service delivery against production and quality KPIs, incorporating continual service improvement measures
- Manage the IT Governance Framework working with IT managers and staff to ensure that the internal IT team comply with wider group IT Governance strategy.
- Manage the Annual Permanent Controls Campaign to ensure deficiencies are mitigated
- Oversee the Internal Controls to ensure compliance with Group’s framework
- Actively work with IT Managers to comply with internal and external audits.
- Actively manage the IT governance calendar, working with IT managers to ensure that activities are completed within the agreed timescales and that appropriate documentation is created that reports on the output of those activities.
- Actively review the governance framework components to ensure that interconnects between processes remain intact and valid when changes are made.
- Regular audit of operational processes against actual activity to ensure compliance with the agreed processes and report on non-compliance.
- Work with IT Managers to document operational processes in line with the wider group governance framework and to ensure a consistent format and approach.
- Implementation and reporting on key governance, service delivery and quality measurements across all areas of the IT service.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and work with IT managers to develop and manage continual service improvement plans, including regular reporting on agreed actions.
ISACA Certificate in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
ITIL Life cycle / Capability certification
Knowledge of external certifications and the ability to audit the organisation’s conformance to those standards;
- At least experience working within with ISO 27001 and/or 9001 and/or 19770 environments
- Good level of experience and competency within an IT Governance environment.
- Experience and competent within a Quality Systems environment.
- Relevant audit experience - especially within the area of governance and quality.
- Personal experience of implementing high quality standards (ideally ISO etc.) within an organisation and the ability to drive quality standards through the organisation.
- In writing and creating procedures, processes and policies to meet the needs of the organisation and the relevant management systems.
- Exposure to risk management policies and reporting.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in difficult and pressured situations
- Ability to adjust to meet the expectations of a wide range of users
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders
- Commercially astute
- Delivers innovative solutions
- Sound decision maker
- Creative thinker
- Pursues excellence
- Responsiveness to colleagues
- Responsiveness to clients
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.