Download the Press Release
(Acrobat document 648 ko)Download the slides of the presentation
(Acrobat document 1379 ko)
The Best NBI and GOI since the group was created
Contribution of Non-operating items down 432 million euros
Operating income: 1,457 million euros (+33.3%)
Net income group share: 902 million euros (-10.4%)
* In a still difficult economic and market environment, and despite the adverse impact of the fall in the dollar, the Group posted very strong operating performance compared to the second quarter 2002.
- Net banking income: 4,651 million euros (+12.6%), a record high in the Group's history
- Gross operating income: 1,775 million euros (+24.9%), another record high in the Group's history
- Operating income (after provisions): 1,457 million euros (+33.3%)
- Net income group share: 902 million euros, down 10.4% due to a weak contribution of capital gains from securities and a one-off tax charge in connection with the option to change the tax status of the Group's publicly traded real-estate subsidiary.
* Retail Banking's businesses have continued to grow in volume and become increasingly profitable.
* Asset Management and Services has continued to be affected by the level of stock market prices, but substantially improved its results compared to the first quarter of the year.
* Corporate and Investment Banking again posted very strong revenues and income and has confirmed its profitability as well as its competitiveness compared to its international competitors.
Michèle Sicard: 33 1 40 14 70 61
Carine Lauru: 33 1 40 14 65 16
Henri de Clisson: 33 1 40 14 65 14