Each year, World Humanitarian Day offers an opportunity to pay tribute to humanitarian aid...
Rescue & Recover Fund : Contribute to growth and prosperity
In addition to meeting the basic needs of populations struck by natural disasters, the BNP Paribas endowment fund, Rescue & Recover Fund, also serves to address development issues and contribute to growth and prosperity in the medium term.
Actions that are implemented in the SDG program
To this end, the Rescue & Recover Fund has provided massive aid for the actions of its partner associations – CARE, the French Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders – to support refugees, one of the primary targets set by the UN in its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular the 10th SDG “Reduced inequalities”. Another example: the home-rebuilding programmes launched after the earthquakes in Nepal, and more recently in Italy, also had a direct impact on the 9th SDG, “Innovation, infrastructures and industry”.
SDG #9 - Industry, Innovation, Infrastructure
Support innovation, promote sustainable industrialization and build resilient infrastructure. Therefore Rescue and recover Fund has allowed :
- 2015 : Earthquake in Nepal, CARE provides assistance for more than 100,000 people and helps to rebuild citizens houses.
- 2016 : Earthquake in Italy, The French and Italian Red Cross were able to help rebuilding the Amatrice village.
- 2016 : Hurricane Matthew in Haiti, Doctors Without Borders was able to help distribution of temporary shelters for 1,400 families in the south of the country
Over 930,000 euros donated during these 3 campaigns
SDG #10 - Reduced inequalities
Reducing inequalities in countries. Rescue & Recover Fund was able to finance these actions :
- 2013 : CARE - Syrian refugees in Beirut : 30,000 people received aid through 2 projects to meet essential needs during the winter
- 2014 and 2015 : Doctors Without Borders - Refugees in Europe and the Mediterranean : Over 20,000 refugees rescued at sea
- 2014 - 2015 : French Red Cross - Refugees in Europe and the Mediterranean : work in refugee camps in Northern France, creation of a shelter and psychological-social support
Over 500,000 euros donated during these 3 campaigns
SDG #17 - Partnerships
Partnerships for achieving effective objectives among governments, the private sector and civil society.
" Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development ".
Partnership between BNP Paribas and three NGOs.
M. Geoffroy Bazin, CEO of BNP Paribas Switzerland and founding member of the Rescue & Recover...