Following its success in 2016, Viva Technology is back in 2017! Once again this year, BNP Paribas is playing an active role in the international conference, which will take place from Thursday, June 15 to Saturday, June 17, 2017 in Hall 1 at Paris Expo in Paris.
The presence of BNP Paribas Group at this year’s conference is a natural extension of its commitment to innovation and entrepreneurs.
#VivaTech: Let’s celebrate innovation!
An exciting and promising edition
Viva Technology first opened its doors in Paris in 2016 with the aim of bringing together corporations and start-up around the theme of innovation. This first event was a huge success with 5,000 start-up, over 45,000 attendees, prestigious partners and a full lineup of renowned speakers!
The second edition is expected to draw in more than 50,000 people by capitalizing on the highlights of the first year’s event: talks by prestigious speakers, roundtables, a Hall of Tech to present the latest innovations, start-up challenges, and more.
In addition, the organizers have also prepared a more expansive, international and efficient event to encourage partnerships and synergies, while pursuing the same two core goals:
- build the digital economy of tomorrow
- promote responsible innovation
Please note: the conference is reserved for industry professionals on June 15-16 and opens to the general public on June 17.
What’s new in 2017?
France is quickly establishing itself as a land of innovation and Viva Technology shows just how much the country deserves its new reputation.
A greater international dimension
This year, 55% of participating start-up will come from outside France (compared with 35% in 2016). The event’s 500 speakers—including top names in high-tech and massively successful unicorns—will hail from all parts of the globe.
A Deep Tech Hackathon
This year will also feature a "Deep Tech Hackathon" in which teams of talented developers will square off during a 17-hour hack marathon.
New programs dedicated to start-up
New programs such as Talent Connect, Mentor Connect and Office Hours will be set up to boost networking opportunities between actors of the start-up ecosystem.
BNP Paribas & VivaTech 2017
Get the chance to learn how BNP Paribas collaborates with start-ups and presents new features in Banking and Insurance. A unique opportunity for the BNP Paribas Group to tangibly show its ability to transform in order to become the future benchmark for digitised financial services.
- The Lab, designed as a playground of sorts, will allow everyone to experiment with a plethora of innovations, exploring them in the context of real life scenarios: Home / Shopping / Daily Banking and Insurance / Business. All in all, more than 40 international start-up from the Group’s ecosystem will present their detailed and innovative projects.During the open house on Saturday 17 June, the Financial Services Lab is offering visitors a multitude of interactive virtual reality experience.
- This year, BNP Paribas has dedicated an area exclusively to the financing and management solutions the bank offers for start-up, which are available during all stages of their development.
- Finally, BNP Paribas will present three themed conferences about open banking, new customer experiences and artificial intelligence.
A complete and intensive program
Challenges, Talks, Hackathon, Discussions: three intensive days at VivaTech 2017. On the agenda: Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Digital Transformation, Connected Objects and many other topics relating to responsible innovation for you to discover!