Fifty thousand visitors in 2017; 80,000 in 2018; more than 100,000 visitors expected this year… In just four years, Viva Technology has become a major event for startups, investors and innovative groups worldwide. Once again, BNP Paribas has partnered with the event to accelerate business transformation and sustainable growth.
From Thursday, May 16 to Saturday, May 18, 2019 at Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles, BNP Paribas invites you to visit its Open Innovation Lab, an eco-responsible space of 550m2 devoted to Positive Banking. The Lab is divided into several spaces dedicated to: the Group’s innovation projects; pitches by startups and experts; highlights from Viva Technology; recruiting; and business and press events. BNP Paribas will also see you on Better Life Avenue in the new Hall 2.2. Come meet with startups that are having a positive impact, and are supported by the Group, working on remarkable projects in health/ well-being, education, food waste, mobility, waste reduction/ recycling, water treatment and sustainable investment.
EUROPE’S BIGGEST TECH EVENT
VivaTech 2019 key figures
Supporting positive innovation
For BNP Paribas, innovation contributes to a better life, both for its direct customers and society at large. Progress should be sustainable, while promoting social ties and solidarity. This vision is clearly seen in the 45 projects supported and presented by the Group during the B2B (Business to Business) days, devoted to three themes:
- Positive Innovation: technologies to serve a positive customer experience that leverages artificial intelligence (OneUp, Vizru, CashForce, etc.), blockchain (Liquidshare, Stratumn, etc.), and reinventing the banking experience (PayLead, MyTraffic, Telmi, QuickSign, etc.).
- Positive Solutions: solutions with a positive impact to help our customers transition to more sustainable finance and economics (Climate Seed, Arval Electric Vehicle Offer, etc.), maintain health (We Pulse), and simplify personal finance and services (Didid, BNP Paribas Agro, etc.).
- Positive Society: BNP Paribas programs supporting the Social Business players in fields like energy transition (Lactips, Hydrogen, Eonef, Food4all), inclusion (Seed Up, Pedius, E-bursum), social and medical aid (HeoH, Care, DWB, Red Cross).
The conferences organized on the BNP Paribas Lab and the various stages at VivaTech will enable us to explore these topics in greater depth. The Group will be represented in particular:
- on the Tech for Good stage, where Antoine Sire, Director of Company Engagement at BNP Paribas, will join a panel discussion on the theme "Technologies and coalitions to build a more inclusive society", along with French foundation La France s'engage.
- at the CEO Forum, where Marguerite Bérard, Head of French retail Banking at BNP Paribas, will lead a round table on the theme " The journey from startup to unicorn – how to get there?”.
- on the VivaTech main stage, where Sophie Heller, COO Retail and Services BNP Paribas, will host a panel discussion about the impact of new technologies on user experience. The start-up Magic Leap will be on stage for this special event.
ACCELERATING business TRANSFORMATION and SUSTAINABLE GROWTH
Inventing a responsible future
For the first time, VivaTech is taking over Hall 2.2 at Paris Expo with its Better Life Avenue. Inspired by its positive impact approach, BNP Paribas will welcome eight exciting startups working on key topics in the sustainable and solidarity economy:
Connecting with future banking talent
The Group is taking part in the Talent Connect operation: on the BNP Paribas Lab, a dedicated space will host discussions with candidates. Anjuli Pandit, Head of BNP Paribas UK Corporate Sustainability will also be present on the Talent Center stage for a question and answer session with 30 students about their entry into the workforce. For this edition of VivaTech, the Group will also create a Golden Job that will be offered to an applicant during the event.
The augmented family
Throughout the general public day on Saturday, May 18, BNP Paribas will offer a space for pitches on educational topics and fun hands-on workshops intended for all ages. In the spirit of positive impact, the space will cover a range of themes:
- Health and disabilities
- Education and new technologies
- CSR and new technologies
- Budget management and crowdfunding
- VR zone
VivaTech: startups and digital leaders unite to celebrate innovation
Viva Technology is a unique event bringing together some of the most innovative projects and personalities from all five continents. In just four years, the event has become one of the essential tech fairs: 9,000 startups taking part, 450 speakers on stage and nearly 4,000 investors and journalists in attendance to identify the most remarkable projects.
EdTech, HealthTech, FinTech, SportTech – VivaTech is a privileged venue for interactions and exchange between startups and corporations in every sector, as they seek to form key partnerships that will shape the future of the economy.
Photos Viva Technology 2018 ©Sipa/L.Joly // ©Muyard/Foucha // ©SIPA VIVA TECHNOLOGY