Based on projects chosen for the Climate Initiative programme, the BNP Paribas Foundation organises conferences in order to raise awareness among the general public and increase our understanding of phenomena associated with climate change. The conferences are led by researchers who are involved in the projects.
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 - BNP Paribas offices in Paris - "A first crossing of East Antarctica"
Guest speaker: Joël Savarino, Research director from CNRS at the Institut des Géosciences de l’Environnement (CNRS/Université Grenoble Alpes/IRD/Grenoble INP)
Permafrost, time bomb for climate?
Science and politics, do they mix?
The unsettling archives of the tropical forest
The Poles are warming up. Why should we care?
- Exploiting data to explore recent climate trends
- Will the IPCC save the planet?
- Climate change: what is the situation today?
- Climate change: what impact on the survival of the world’s coral reefs?
- Climate Change : The ocean, our unsung ally
- Ice Memory: the ice library for future generations
- Can the Pacific Islands still be saved from the threats of climate change?
- How does climate change alter the risk of extreme weather events?