IT Dev Engineer (Developer) for Omnichannel Foundation - m/v/x
IT Dev Engineer – M/F/X
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
At the bank for a changing world, our employees make change their greatest asset, turning challenges into opportunities. They think ahead to offer our customers creative solutions which are perfectly suited to their needs. At BNP Paribas Fortis, the country’s number one bank, employees enjoy ongoing career growth in a meaningful, rewarding and flexible working environment.
IT Omnichannel Foundation is part of BNP Paribas Fortis’ IT department located in Brussels.
This team centrally develops and supports any banking application foundation. Foundations develop frameworks (Java, .Net and so on), content management systems (Open text, Adobe and so on) and the API gateway in order to display banking information outside the bank, as an exchange layer between the front end application and the legacy systems, all employing an Agile way of working.
Your future job!
The Omnichannel tribe is actively searching for a senior JAVA Dev Engineer in order to build, maintain and provide training and coaching on the current framework for the entire IT organisation. You will be part of a dynamic Java development team:
· Provide support & advice regarding clients or the back-end and best practices
· Analyse & develop or integrate new common components within the BNP development framework
· Discuss with Application Lead Developer and Application Consultant/Integrator to handle or challenge project feedback and new candidate components
· Write a user guide for framework users
· Maintain existing framework components
· Provide support & advice regarding framework aspects
· Participate in the framework community (organised as a guild) to share the technical evolution of the framework.
Highlight your strengths!
· University undergraduate degree or Master’s degree preferably in IT, with at least five years’ relevant experience
· Knowledge of Dutch and/or French
· Fluent written and spoken English
· You have extensive experience as a JAVA engineer in an agile XP-environment
· You have strong analytical skills
· Broad knowledge and experience with Java, Spring, OO, REST, SOA, XML/XSD/WSDL, JSON and HTML5
· Experience with frameworks or tools such as Zuul, Kubernetes, GridGain, Springboot, Nginx and Docker
· Experience with micro-services in the banking sector
· You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development
· You are curious and understand and follow the latest technical developments
· You will teach, coach and train our colleagues and share your knowledge and experience
· You have a good understanding of banking in general. You are able to discuss features and stories with your stakeholders and product owner and translate these into software with real business value
· You are thorough, dynamic, proactive, autonomous and an excellent team player; you have good verbal communication skills
· You are able to organise and prioritise your own work efficiently
· You are able to take charge of developments and coach junior developers efficiently
· You are flexible and able to work in multiple environments with different project methodology, multiple teams and colleagues
· You are able to work in a big organisation with multiple stakeholders.
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to attract and retain women and men of all ages, from all backgrounds, each with her or his own experience. We truly believe that diversity increases performance and creativity. All our offers for full-time positions are also available for 90% or 80% full-time equivalent.
What does BNP Paribas Fortis offer you?
We believe that our evolution is driven and inspired by our employees. In return, we aim to provide optimal working conditions that enable you to develop on both a professional and personal level. We offer a challenging working environment in which you are going to have a real impact within our company. You can actively shape your benefit package to respond to your individual needs.
Tempted by the challenge?
Passionate about this role? Do not hesitate to apply online: we’d love to hear from you!