Compliance Department – Compliance Officer
NL - Amsterdam - Herengracht 595
Legal and Compliance Department
BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. The Group is present in 75 countries worldwide and employs more than 185,000 employees. Our Group has two complementary core activities, providing strategic strength and assuring the bank financial solidity: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking offers corporates and financial institutions financial solutions in the field of financing, risk management and advisory. Corporate & Institutional Banking aims to develop long-term relationships with her clients and accompany them throughout their business and investment strategies.
BNP Paribas Amsterdam is looking for a Compliance Officer who will support the Compliance department in taking care of all the Compliance matters in the Bank like developing comprehensive policies and procedures, to provide compliance training to the staff, to draft protocols and to conduct monitoring activities.
Your tasks will be, amongst others, assisting in:
- Identifying of developments in the financial markets that may impact BNP Paribas CIB;
- Ensuring that Compliance policies from Group and/or CIB Compliance have been implemented correctly and consistently.
- Assuring that anti money laundering, anti fraud and KYC procedures have been implemented and are complied with.
- Developing new compliance procedures.
- Monitoring processes to make sure they conform to all procedures and regulations.
- Managing payment operations with regard to embargoes and sanctions.
- Contributing to the protection of the BNP Paribas reputation.
- Developing of ethics and compliance trainings and the administration of the trainings results of the employees.
- Education: Bachelor or Masters degree in Accountancy, Finance or Law;
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing both in Dutch and in English;
- Flexibility, accuracy and stress-resistance;
- Independent and solution minded working ethics and know how to stand your ground;
- Founded knowledge of compliance regulations such as: Dutch Financial Supervision Act (WFT), Personal Data Protection Act (WPB) and Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Prevention Act (WWFT)
- Experience: 3 to 4 years experience in the field of regulatory compliance preferably within a credit institution, consultancy firm or a regulatory body (AFM, DNB).
A responsible and challenging job within an international banking environment.
Good conditions and above all, a chance to develop your skills and expertise.
Please send your application letter and CV to:
BNP Paribas, Human Resources via asd_recruitment_hr [at] bnpparibas (dot) com
NB: Aquisition following this add is not appreciated.
We have noticed that you are currently using a mobile device.
Unfortunately, this device does not allow you to send us the necessary documents to apply.
However, you can apply by sending yourself this offer by e-mail and carry on with the application on a computer.