WM Compliance, KYC Review Team Lead (VP Level)
Standard / Permanent
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
Lead and be part of a team that performs reviews of KYC information of existing clients in order to ensure conformity to legal and policy requirements.
The Job Holder is the Team leader in charge of the WM Compliance Account Review Team with the following responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and managing the WM Compliance Account Review Team to ensure duties assigned to the Team are performed in an effective and timely manner while maintaining quality standards.
- Provide support to the Business and Support functions regarding to matters falling under the purview of the WM Compliance Account Review Team.
- Provide support and regular updates to the direct reporting lines (Head of KYC of WM Compliance, Singapore) on the tasks undertaken by the WM Compliance Account Review Team. To proactively identify, highlight and escalate potential issues faced in the course of work.
- Provide weekly progress updates on overdue review files and assist with the provision of figures to the weekly KYC Steering Committee.
- Ensure files (high risk accounts, commercial/corporate accounts and PEPs etc) that require Head Office validation/approval are closely follow-up by the Team. This includes liaising with Head Office if necessary.
- Ensure all email queries received in the Team’s inbox (SG_WM_Compliance_Reviews) are picked up and responded to, in a timely manner by the Team
- The responsibilities falling under the WM Compliance Account Review Team and therefore its Team Leader are :
- To conduct due diligence checks when account review files are submitted by the Business for review. This includes and are not limited to checks on the client's reputation, background and source of wealth as to ensure that potential KYC/AML risks are identified and highlighted to the Management during Client Acceptance Committees.
- The conduct of the client’s account will be evaluated to ensure that it is conducted in a satisfactory manner and the continuation of the relationship does not expose the bank to any reputational or regulatory issues. The reviewer is also expected to place additional emphasis on high risk accounts to ensure the relevant risks identified earlier continue to be appropriately addressed and mitigated.
- To assist with the preparation, presentation of existing client relationship to the local Client Acceptance Committee (CAC), highlights risks to the Management and present a Compliance opinion in order for the Committee to take an informed decision.
- To liaise with the Business and Support Functions such as Client Management to ensure that Compliance Procedures are strictly followed during account review stage.
- To draft suspicious transaction reports and reports to Head Office whenever necessary in relation to the review of existing clients, for example when a decision is taken to exit an existing client for Compliance reasons.
- To follow-up on derogations and validation requests sent to Head Office in relation to the review of existing account for example when dealing with high risk politically exposed persons, or accounts with commercial flows.
- To participle in ad-hoc projects, tool development projects as well as in the drafting of procedures when in relation to the account review process.
- Assist when necessary the WM Compliance AML Transversal Team in reviewing accounts as part of ad-hoc projects.
- Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
- Strong Compliance knowledge in KYC/ AML area
- Excellent team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good conflicts management skills
- Diploma Holder
- Min 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Min 2 years of experience in leading a team of 3 and above