Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
• Work as a team within the KYC account opening team to ensure timely review of new accounts.
• Provide advisory to Business on account opening and AML related issues.
• Provide support to the larger compliance community, e.g. Review team / Monitoring and Surveillance / Suitability / Transversal team.
• Reviewing client profiles during account opening phase to ensure conformity to internal and regulatory
requirements on AML/CFT/CDD standards, producing client risk assessments, due diligence analysis and assigning an appropriate risk rating.
• Provide advisory support to the business with regard to resolving newly identified adverse media, link to sanction countries related issues, identifying potential Politically Exposed Persons etc.
• Assisting with the preparation, presentation of new and existing client relationship to a local control
committee with the objective of obtaining business & compliance management approval to commence/maintain the relationship with the client.
• Review client’s transaction for the period under review and flag out any suspicious transactions with regard to unknown 3rd parties; commercial nature etc.
• Conducting investigations and filing suspicious transaction reports (STRs) as appropriate.
• Provide feedback to changes to internal KYC procedures.
• Keeping abreast of changes in the domestic regulatory requirements (MAS) and be aware of the different obligation from other jurisdictions.
• Provide support to Monitoring & Surveillance team from time to time and on projects pursuant to
management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and
periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
• There will be opportunities to participate in a range of developmental projects, mainly focusing on
procedures development, process improvement initiatives & enhancing existing controls.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Positive working attitude and analytical skills are essential for this position.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good relationship management skills.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Candidate with 3 years of relevant working experiences, preferably in Wealth Management or
• Degree qualified
• MS Excel; Word & PowerPoint
• Lotus Notes
• Knowledge in the use of World-check and Factiva