Head of Operations APAC
Business Line / Function:
BNP Paribas Securities Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration
Our “Operations” function is responsible for the good processing of Middle-Office and Back-Office for ETD clearing, OTCD Clearing offered by the Business Unit:
The “Operations” team is responsible for the following assignments:
- Trades capture, booking, position keeping, trade support, events management
- Client Reporting and billing
- Cash & securities settlement
- Collateral management vis-à-vis the clients
- Collateral management vis-à-vis the CCPs for OTCD Client Clearing
In addition, “Operations” teams take part of the operational on-boarding.
The Head of “Operations” for APAC is responsible for managing people and defining an adequate work organization, allowing the achievements of goals and objectives defined for those teams based in Singapore as well as in the 2 India site (Mumbai & Chennai).
As a management member of the Function, the Head of “Operations” for APAC will also largely contribute to the structuring of the function and is expected to participate in strategic initiatives, especially on his / her field of expertise.
The job is based in Singapore and may require frequent travels (around 20%/30%).
Management and Governance:
The Head of “Operations” for APAC is responsible for managing the “Operations
” team in APAC, in collaboration with the sub-functions global heads:
- Appoint relevant team members to achieve “Operations” assignments
- Participate to hiring processes if need be
- Structure the “Operations” team in the region
- Define the governance within his teams and ensure it is respected
- Take part in the yearly assessment of his teams members
- Ensure “Operations” staff is given adequate trainings
- Monitor costs and control the budget of “Operations and client solutions” in the region
Coordination between the teams
The Head of “Operations” for APAC is responsible for the good coordination in APAC
o “Operations”, “ETD Projects” and “Client solutions” teams
o “Operations and Client solutions” team and other Business Unit business lines
Level of service guarantee:
The Head of “Operations” for APAC guarantees the good level of service of his teams in
APAC delivering “Operations” services.
The Head of “Operations” for APAC represents the global head of “Operations
” in his region.
The Head of “Operations” for APAC is in charge of the respect of the compliance guidelines for the “Operations” in APAC.
Project contribution & Regulatory watch:
The Head of “Operations” for APAC is asked to contribute to the business unit
o Contribute to Business Unit projects
o Follow-up and anticipate the regulatory evolutions
The Head of “Operations” for APAC is expected to regularly report to the Head of Derivatives Clearing Services APAC.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Specific Qualifications Required