Vice President – Senior Operational Risk Process Implementation
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
- Partner with the business units responsible for the Operational Permanent Control framework to ensure sound controls are implemented as part of new projects and business as usual enhancements. Review, analyze, and makes recommendations to the design and implementation of the operational risk management framework/measurement methodologies, in coordination with BNP Paribas’ Group Risk Management – Operational Risk, as adapted to the U.S. CIB environment.
- Provide leadership in the planning, development and implementation of operational risk frameworks/measurement methodologies, policies, standards and procedures specific to the needs of the business which are aligned with the Bank's Operational Risk Program
- Analyze and document various processes and products, existing or new, by working with the business units / OPCs to identify key processes as described by the Operational Risk framework (process documentation, risk assessment, controls documentation and testing implementation).
- Work with management and staff in areas of the organization affected by alterations in business practices to ensure understanding and implementation of new operational risk policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with business units responsible for Operational Permanent Control framework to study and investigate operational risk issues / incidents and identify and implement solutions.
- Support the design and implementation of operational risk governance model for the business. Perform necessary monitoring and oversight functions to ensure effective management and compliance with company-wide program requirements. Monitor to ensure key program requirements are being met through analysis of metrics and data. Escalates issues to appropriate levels within the organization.
- Identify enhancements for program tools and support and improved reporting. Develops new tools, define requirement, identify data sources, analyze data, and prepare reports as needed to effectively provide workable solutions or respond to requests for information from Senior/Executive Management, Regulators, and/or BNPP.
- Provide input to Risk and Controls Self-Assessments (RCSAs). Support quality assurance sampling and secondary reviews as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration) or the equivalent combination of education and experience required. MBA a plus.
- 7 to 10 years of operational risk management and/or auditing/control testing experience in a financial or banking institution. Excellent writing skills required for policy level documentation drafting.
A background or experience in the following is necessary to effectively perform the job.
Governance Reporting and Compliance (GRC) systems
Banking and Capital Markets products knowledge
Banking, Securities and Commodities laws, regulations, and governance
Historical Loss Incidents Collection
Potential Loss Incidents Analysis
External Historical Loss Incidents
Management and Regulatory Reporting
Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
FINRA Registrations Required