BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The mission of RISK ORC is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the permanent control framework implemented by Business Lines and Functions, and the measurement and management of operational risks. RISK ORC serves in an independent oversight capacity as the 2nd line of defense, ensuring that the 1st line of defense (under the responsibility of Operational Permanent Control management), is fulfilling its objectives and requirements. RISK ORC’s scope covers the corporate and institutional banking activities within North America, and the supporting operational units and transversal functions.
CIB is seeking a Business Systems Administrator for data maintenance and system administration of moderate to complex business systems. The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting, tracking and providing first and second level support to multiple operational risk teams, coordinating resolution of supported applications with relevant users, IT and vendors. Essential job functions include:
- Maintains and administers systems (distributed and mainframe) including but not limited to data table, download and interface maintenance; and may lead development of system components using product specific tools to create reports and other objects.
- Performs complex system administration. Monitors and validates tasks are executed based on business requirements and are in compliance with bank policy.
- Receives business requests and performs preliminary analysis to determine if desktop, application or network connection issues need escalation.
- Partners with IT, vendors and business system analysts in performing root cause analysis and recommendation of viable solutions. Serves as escalation point for department employees.
- Reviews and analyzes trends, proposes and implements changes to reduce problem incidents. Ensures accuracy of all incidents reported for management reporting.
- Notifies and keeps Business Units and Department management abreast of system issues affecting the business.
- Proactively looks to review, evaluated, and automate existing processes.
- Ensures system administration documentation is up to date for all systems.
- Proactively provides recommendations and implements solutions to improve business system health.
Strong knowledge of business systems software, PC’s, LAN’s, WAN’s
Strong knowledge of Financial Banking systems
Strong knowledge of Systems Administration
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Experience in Process Improvement
Advanced experience in Visual Basic macro’s
Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
Understands CIB software, hardware and technology
FINRA Registrations Required