Vice President – Risk Analyst
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
“Risk - Strategic Analysis & Reporting” (Risk - SAR) is a transversal team within the Risk Function covering all businesses, countries where the Group is established. Its main missions are centered on:
- Data management,
- Reporting of market, counterparty, liquidity, interest rate risks,
- Strategic risk analysis, including coordination of Risk forums,
- Credit and market stress testing
Within Risk – SAR, the responsibilities of the C2R2 team (Credit and Counterparty Risk Reporting) are comprised around three areas:
- Management Information framework
- Credit Stress Testing and provisioning
- Data Management and Control framework.
- Provide the territory’s senior management as well as the global Risk function and businesses with a comprehensive view and analysis of the key risks in the Americas:
- including but not limited to credit, counterparty, compliance, operational, legal risks
- Covering all counterparties whether sovereign, financial, corporate or retail
- Monitor the metrics of the different risk profiles related to credit, counterparty, compliance, operational, legal risks in the Americas according to each relevant scope:
- Contribute to the coordination/preparation and animation of the Americas Country Envelopes review. This includes the quantitative aspects (portfolio overview preparation, consumption of limits) and all the qualitative requirements (identification of “hot spots of risk”, review and understanding of business requests.). Strong interactions with senior Management both at regional and Group level are required to prepare these strategic reviews.
- Contribute to the Credit Stress Testing and provisioning:
- The C2R2 team acts as a coordinator for the production, reporting and added-value analysis of integrated credit stress test across the CUSO perimeter. This requires interactions at Group and regional level.
- On the CIB perimeter, the C2R2 team also produces with the support of Group relevant credit stress tests and develops relevant methodologies.
- Contribute to becoming the trusted main point of contact of senior management for all their high level information and analysis needs on credit and counterparty risks. This objective requires strong coordination with senior Management both on the RISK side and Business side.
- Data Management and Control framework:
- Ensure establishment of operational procedures for each of the reports and tasks owned,
- Perform second level of controls on the data manipulated to ensure that any significant change in the portfolio risk profile is understood and not caused by data quality issues
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum experience of 5 years in Risk management or Management Information System area
- Degree in Finance or related area
- MBA is a plus
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint…)
- Strong organization skills to manage under tight deadlines the complexity of processes and the high number of stakeholders to coordinate
- Strong analytical and inquisitive mindset in order to synthesize large amount of information in management level presentations
- Sense of details, accuracy and presentation without losing the “main picture”
- Commitment to deliver results in line with client’s expectations
- Resilience to heavy workload
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.