Vice-President – P&L Accounting Control Specialist
Standard / Permanent
The P&L accounting control group is responsible for performing and validating all necessary reconciliations and related controls to secure the accounting P&L recognition once it is reconciled with the official management P&L tools, mainly for Capital Markets, BP2S and Treasury.
Our group interacts with Operations (Middle & Back offices) and Finance productions teams and contributes to enhance the consistency of the set-up between the management P&L tools and the accounting ones.
- Perform monthly reconciliations between the official management P&L produced by the middle office groups and the financial ledgers, for Capital Market, BP2S and ALM-Treasury Activities.
- Prepare and explain FX exposures and internal Funding reconciliation reporting for these business lines, knowing that these are two key areas to secure the P&L reconciliation.
- Investigate the discrepancies arising from the reconciliation work, including the management of interfaces between Product Accounting Control and the Middle Office, Back Office and other Finance groups.
Prepare monthly reconciliation documents in coordination with the financial and management accounting teams of the Finance Department, and participate to the monthly P&L reconciliation meetings.
- Enhance and optimize the P&L reconciliation process by implementing appropriate tailor-made IT tools, maintaining updated process guidelines and monitoring the list of improvements expected to be done at the Operations and/or Finance production levels to improve and secure the P&L reconciliation process.
- Escalate any issues/risks to management (Forecast reporting guideline).
Minimum required qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting) required.
- 5 -10 years of experience in Financial Services with a background in Audit, Operational Risk or Controls.
- 5 or more years work experience in accounting or P&L control. Some experience in Capital Market and ALM-Treasury activities is required.
- High level of initiative and critical thinking to analyze issues as well as ability to work independently with low level of supervision.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact effectively with business partners at various levels.
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams strongly preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Expertise in management reporting and accounting tools.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint tools.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- High ethical standards
- Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
- MBA / CFA / CPA
- Macro / VBA / MS Access would be a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable