Vice President – On-Site Controls Officer
Standard / Permanent
The Management of the BNP Paribas has committed to ensure compliance with AML/Embargo & Sanctions rules within the entire Group. In this context, Group Compliance has decided to have a strong and permanent set-up within the US: Group Financial Security US (“GFS US”).
GFS US OSC is a new initiative (just over a year old) so employees have the ability to be part of the building process for a long term solutions to Sanctions, KYC, OFAC Compliance and AML. The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with US Sanctions.
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to US Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs.
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group.
- Providing advice on situations linked to US Sanctions across the Group.
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the US Sanctions – related alerts.
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo/sanctions lists.
- Risk assessing the Group’s branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight.
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS-US1 2
Responsibilities of the On-Site control unit:
The GFS US OSC Team is in a highly visible function covering sanctions which is considered one of the most important banking areas.
- Receives risk-related information from the Risk Oversight unit of GFSUS.
- Interactions with Compliance and business leaders at different BNP Paribas offices around the globe.
Receives risk-related information from the Risk Oversight unit of GFS US.
Formalizes an annual audit plan.
Formalizes and maintain the on-site controls methodology.
Conducts on-site control reviews related to AML and International Sanctions.
Produces reports and recommendations:
Deliver presentations to senior management.
The On-Site Controls Officer will support the Head of On-Site Controls in developing and executing an audit plan to conduct on-site control reviews Group Wide (with exception to Domestic Markets) to verify that BNP entities comply with norms issued by GFS-US.
*This position requires 40 - 50% international travel to countries where BNPP has offices, operation, or business interests which may include third world countries. Extended stay up to 6 weeks may be required in these locations.
The On-Site Controls Officer primary duties and responsibilities:
Support the Head of On-Site Controls in developing and executing the On-Site Controls audit plan, through appropriate planning and resource management, managing the on-going relationship with key stakeholders, and providing leadership for a team within the GFS US On-Site Controls team.
Lead teams for on-site missions on a Group wide basis in BNP locations with exception of the Domestic Markets (Italy, France, Belgium, and Luxembourg). This includes but is not limited to, determining scope of review, developing testing strategy, assigning team members to tasks and responsibilities related to the delivering of the review, identifying issues, writing high reports, etc.
Manage the delivery of On-Site reviews to time, plan, budget and quality using methodology and quality standards.
Lead and develop the review team, delegate day-to-day management to the team leaders. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of areas reviewed in relation to Financial Security risks (Sanctions and AML).
Represent the Head of On-Site Controls at management meetings and committees as required.
Mentor, coach and develop team leaders on assignments within the On-Site Controls team.
- Undergraduate degree, finance or business related majors.
- Graduate degree a plus.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in a banking environment.
- 5 + years’ experience in General Inspection/Audit/Controls in complex global financial services organization.
- Experience in Compliance a plus.
- In depth knowledge of Sanctions and AML regime.
- Working knowledge of banking products & services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- Experience leading teams and projects.
- Decisiveness and sound judgment on a consistent basis.
- High level of detail orientation and organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new changing environment.
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and organization a plus.
- French language skills a plus.