Vice President– Head of US KYC Due Diligence
Standard / Permanent
Within Client Management of BNP Paribas, the Global Client On-Boarding team’s objective is to function as the primary interface for coordinating all incoming new client on-boarding’s. The team goal will be to ensure an efficient, global and consistent first class service to all new clients.
This team is responsible for coordinating the prioritization of CIB on-boarding’s with execution and implementation of the KYC (Collect, analysis, conformity).
The team operates on a worldwide level and must collaborate as “one team” to ensure a customer-centric responsive and effective cutting edge global on-boarding service. This team will operate closely with major functions as well as “Métiers” sales head (i.e. Corporate Banking / Capital Markets) and business managers. Ultimately, the Team is responsible for the overall on-boarding client satisfaction and ensuring KYC / AML controls are in place for each onboarding.
The Head of US KYC Due Diligence will working and manage a team of over 25 individuals o facilitate and provide a complete transversal new client KYC for CIB. Producing client risk assessments, client profiles, due diligence analyses and awarding a risk rating where appropriate. Also, providing feedback and escalating issues to the appropriate support functions; the Front Office and the Americas Due Diligence Head.
- Demonstrate awareness of the USA patriotic Act, the JMLSG UK Guidance notes for the prevention of money laundering
- and the 3rd European Money Laundering Directive
- Understand the principles of Corporate Banking / Capital Markets and be familiar with CIB products
- Aware of various types of trading entities – hedge funds, SPVs, corporates, limited, private and public companies, holding companies, trust’s etc.
- Ability to manage ad hoc projects
- Must have strong KYC knowledge in order to identify possible risks
- Responsible for conducting 1 on 1 peer reviews
- Responsible for performing a sample Quality Control checks of KYC / AML documents in accordance with current procedures
- Responsible for overseeing individuals and processes within remit (Individual should have the ability to proactively identify control gaps and independently lead solutions)
- Ensure the day to day production is timely completed by their team
- Ability to multitask various projects and see them through to completion
Implementation and Process:
- Ensure our process is consistent globally but adapted to local rules
- Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and update of procedures
- Work within a team – with an adaptable flexible approach and coordinate with team members and with the different platforms across the world
Communication:Liaise regularly with clients, compliance, other support functions including internally within the Global Client On-boarding team, due diligence Managers and local Business officers
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other related field of study.
- 7 - 10 years financial experience, with a focus in the KYC operations space.
- Experience conducting peer reviews
- Experience overseeing at least 15 individuals
- Strong Knowledge of the due diligence and 3rd EU money laundering requirements
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to think globally / independently
- Strong appetite for organization
- Possess project management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to follow an issue through to its conclusion
FINRA Registrations: N/A