Standard / Permanent
Apply REF: RIS000888
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The mission of RISK Operational Risk & Control (“ORC”) is to oversee the effective and efficient functioning of the permanent control framework implemented by Business Lines and Functions, and the measurement and management of operational risks. RISK ORC Global Markets Business Line (“GM-GBL”) is acting as the 2nd Line of Defense for the CIB-GM GBL, with the key role to support relevant RISK and CIB senior management with a comprehensive, transparent, exhaustive and consistent front to back view of Operational Risk across GM activities in the Americas.
BNPP is seeking an Operational Risk Analyst at the VP level to support the CIB Global Markets Business Line within RISK ORC GM, covering the Americas (US, Canada, Brazil & Latin America). Operational Risk Managers supervise the front to back Operational Risk (”OR”) Management framework and more specifically:
- Develop an awareness of all GM business activity and help advise on decisions with OR impacts such as new activities and other change management/transformational initiatives.
- Assess, monitor and effectively challenge the GM Americas GBL RCSA process including risk identification, risk assessment, risk mitigations and Key Risk Indicators (KRI) (incl. remediation or effectiveness of controls).
- Execute on Independent 2LOD Testing Program against GM control framework
- Oversight, challenge and report on Operational Losses including both Actual and Potential Incidents and the oversight of root cause analysis and action plans.
- Ensure (i) the consistent extension of the Group and CIB OR policies, guidelines and procedures across GM activities, and (ii) the correct implementation and animation of GM OR governance through their contribution to: GM ICC, GM Americas CORE and the CIB Operations and Technology Risk Committee (OTRC) in the Americas.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum level of Bachelor’s Degree in a Science such as Engineering, Mathematics or Physics or a Finance related degree such as Economics, Accounting or Certified Public Accounting (CPA).
- 7 – 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Detailed understanding of at least three Global Markets products and business lines with expertise across G10 Rates, Primary and Secondary Credit Trading, FXLM.COMM, Equity Derivatives and Prime Brokerage.
- Experience in IT change management including designing test plans, conducting testing protocols and interacting with application development teams to understand and challenge front office control delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to build relationships with Front Office business lines including Desk Heads, Trading and Sales leads, Front office control personnel and back office support functions
- Knowledge of DFS, FRB and Prudential Regulations or corporate governance practices a plus.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to influence, to negotiate, to conceptualize issues and translate into solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An undergraduate degree in RISK Management or a business related graduate degree (MBA) is a plus.
- Understanding of IT Security and Architecture will be considered a plus
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York Job Type: Standard / Permanent Job: MISCELLANEOUS Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (3 years) Experience Level: At least 7 years Schedule: Full-time