Vice President, Corporate Leveraged Capital Markets - Corporate Debt Platform
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate Debt Platform (“CDP”) offers a broad range of financing products and services in the global debt capital and loan markets. The CDP client base comprises of hundreds of corporates across EMEA.
CDP has the scale and reach to deliver financing products denominated in the major global currencies – from USD to JPY. Whilst the bank is the leader in EUR corporate issuance, the bond origination franchise can rely on syndicate hubs in New York, London, Tokyo, Zürich, Hong Kong, Singapore as well as Brussels and has thus one of the most global footprints among the major banks.
Overall Job Purpose
There is an opportunity for an experienced individual with a background in leveraged finance or corporate finance, to join the CDP teams in London as a VP or Director focusing on Non-Investment Grade corporate clients of the bank and providing financing solutions based on high yield bonds, Term Loan B as well as bank loans and associated derivatives.
The focus of the role will be to contribute to the origination efforts of CDP and to the successful execution of mandates.
The scope of the position spans over all of EMEA countries and across all sectors, with strong focus on the Media Telecom space.
- To contribute to the origination efforts of CDP and to the successful execution of mandates;
- To lead the assessment of the credit worthiness of prospects and oversee the preparation of credit documents in advance of credit committees;
- To coordinate in the preparation of pitch-books to ensure they are fit for purpose and for presentation to clients –and specific to client requirements
- To monitor market conditions and provide relevant market updates and pricing to clients in a prompt and appropriate manner;
- To work closely with important internal stakeholders such as syndicate, coverage and derivative teams, as well as colleagues within CDP
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong marketing and client management skills
- Strong analytical and technical skill set
- Strong team player – cooperates and communicates at all levels
- Able to present in a measured, clear, articulate way
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong academic and professional record
- Solid modelling/excel skills
- Excellent presentation/power point skills
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite
- Able to work collaboratively with teams within London and across Europe
- Ability to use good judgment and solve problems
- Hard working, creative and ability to work autonomously at times
- Drive for results: Delivers high quality work
- Risk awareness: Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities, where relevant
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics: Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
- Team player & cross cultural awareness: Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
- Client focus: Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
- Market, product & business: Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Evidences a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
- Business risk: Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions he/she managers
Essential personal skills
- Diligence: Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins as well as building long-term relationships
- Resilience: Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure)
- Communication (Active listener and clear communicator): Communicates clearly in English. Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary
- Innovation: Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers