Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The candidate’s main responsibilities involve the implementation and execution of independent price valuation control review and risk control of the bank’s capital Market position.
This position will involve hands-on operational production work, as well as judgmental capacity.
Direct Responsibilities - Market parameter controls
• Performing the independent price verification across equities activities.
• Produce accurate reports highlighting coverage and results of IPV.
• Performing Control and validation of pricing configuration used for the official PL.
• Maintaining, reviewing and documenting the cartographies of market data and pricing configuration.
• Working on the automation of manual processes.
• Various projects to automate and/or improve our systems with the assistance of IT.
• Being a source of proposition of improvement of current processes/methodologies.
• Implementing new processes where responsibility is being transferred from another area, identifying and recommending improvements in all price testing methodologies in conjunction with Risk-GM.
• Implementing new controls/processes arising from regulator’s recommendation
• Work within a limited time frame as part of the team and produce accurate month end corrections. This might require discussion and timely conclusions with the Front Office and Risk-GM related to the quality and accuracy of the reviews.
• Documenting methodologies for IPV proposed by Risk-GM whilst at the same time constructively challenging the present policy and looking for improvements.
• Build and maintain relationships with other Product Control teams, Front Office, Finance and Risk-GM.
• Contribute to other initiatives within the V&RC function, both within the region and in other locations.
• Sharing skills and ideas across the group along with providing occasional internal training for junior staff.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
• Good product knowledge across a wide range of asset class not only equity derivatives but also commodities. Technically strong in areas of financial mathematics complemented by knowledge of market practice.
• Particular strength in Variance, Volatility swap, Dividend swap, Total return swap, CB / CDS is required.
• Strong IT skills are necessary with Python, Excel, VBA & Access.
• Ability to find workaround solutions in the time available.
• Attention to detail is essential especially when under pressure and time constraints.
• To bring new ideas to the team related to all areas around pricing and risk managing.
• Good team player
Experience and Qualifications required
• Previous (at least 5 years) experience in Valuation or Risk environment is an advantage.
• FRM/CFA qualification would be an advantage.