Standard / Permanent
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
Americas CIB Transversal OPC team is responsible for strengthening and aligning the OPC teams embedded in our businesses by standardizing and implementing a consistent OPC methodology across the region, and ensuring ongoing monitoring.
Position overview :
The position is created as part of extended team headed in New York and localized in Montreal. The CIB Americas Transversal Operational Permanent Control Team has a broad range of responsibilities, overseeing the operational control related activities in various perimeters like Global Market, Corporate Banking, IT and Operation Back Offices and some functions like Finance and others. This includes among other tasks: control design and testing, control performance reporting, risk assessment, audit recommendations follow-up . Transversal OPC is looking for a candidate who will support the team in a leading position through the analysis and reporting of data.
• Participate actively to the team’s task and duties for monthly retrieval, review, testing, and monitoring of permanent control information (controls on controls, audit, mandatory training …) and organizing local team work
• Periodically review the controls rating criteria with the control owners and supervise the update, if deemed necessary
• Supervise intra-month requests to various teams for evidence that support the execution of controls tested as part of the Control framework.
• Act as an escalation point for OPC’s/implementation managers who may be experiencing technical issues with tools; assist with routing their inquiries to the appropriate support team.
• Ensure that follow up points are addressed and actioned by the issue owner prior to the Committee meeting.
• Actively preparation and proof meeting dashboards.
• Periodically re-assess the control testing scope and presentation of the testing results and make suggestions to enhance the monthly report as needed.
• Document meeting minutes
• Situation/Root Cause reviews
Minimum Required Qualifications :
University degree - Business or Finance
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
• Tenacity and intellectual curiosity to identify and resolve the root causes of issues.
• Adopt a positive approach, rising to the challenge of stretching objectives and requirements, striving to achieve them within agreed deadlines and standards.
• Add value through independent mindset
• Act on own initiative; actively seek to find solutions to problems.
• Proficiency in productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Good analytical skills and end user technical skills and a practical approach to applying them;
FINRA Registrations Required: N/A
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.