Standard / Permanent
COMPLIANCE AND PERMANENT CONTROL
Americas CIB Transversal OPC team is responsible for strengthening and aligning the OPC teams embedded in our businesses by standardizing and implementing a consistent OPC methodology across the region, and ensuring ongoing monitoring.
Position overview :
The position is created as part of extended team headed in New York and localized in Montreal. The CIB Americas Transversal Operational Permanent Control Team has a broad range of responsibilities, overseeing the operational control related activities in various perimeters like Global Market, Corporate Banking, IT and Operation Back Offices and some functions like Finance and others. This includes among other tasks: control design and testing, control performance reporting, risk assessment, audit recommendations follow-up . Transversal OPC is looking for a candidate who will support the team through the analysis and reporting of data.
The Analyst will contribute in the following :
• Initiate intra-month requests to various teams for evidences that support the execution of controls tested as part of the Control framework
• Perform monthly testing (via sampling) of key controls
• Review testing evidence provided, rate the completeness of the controls tested and provide the results to the control owners for review. Request a remediation plan for controls that are consecutively deviant.
• Consolidate the final results and ratings of the controls tested into a dashboard which is used for presenting to management at monthly meetings.
• Periodically re-assess the control testing scope and presentation of the testing results and make suggestions to enhance the monthly report as needed.
• Periodically review the controls rating criteria with the control owners and update, if deemed necessary.
• Monthly consolidation and capture controls evidence into the controls Library
For audit recommendations
• Intra-month review and monitoring of open and past due recommendations
• On a monthly basis, provide data extracts of outstanding/past due recommendations to the respective OPC’s and/or implementation managers for an updated status and action plan for all past due recommendations. Additionally, request validation by the OPC’s of the open stock of recommendations identified to ensure timely tracking to closure.
• Act as an escalation point for OPC’s/implementation managers who may be experiencing technical issues with tools; assist with routing their inquiries to the appropriate support team.
• Ensure that follow up points are addressed and actioned by the issue owner prior to the next Committee meeting
• Monthly preparation of Committee meeting.
• Document meeting minutes
Minimum Required Qualifications :
University degree - Business or Finance
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
• Tenacity and intellectual curiosity to identify and resolve the root causes of issues.
• Adopt a positive approach, rising to the challenge of stretching objectives and requirements, striving to achieve them within agreed deadlines and standards.
• Add value through independent mindset
• Act on own initiative; actively seek to find solutions to problems.
• Proficiency in productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Good analytical skills and end user technical skills and a practical approach to applying them;
FINRA Registrations Required: N/A
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.