Team Head – Digital Banking Client & Usage Development (m/f)
Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 28,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global start to your career, a career where you, your ideas and your development matter.
CIB / Digital Bank for Clients (DB4C)
Corporate clients have high expectations of BNP Paribas’ digital capabilities, looking for improved convenience, quality of service and efficiency. To meet these expectations, CIB has the ambition to bring a true digital experience to our corporate clients through our complete product and services offering.
The aim of the CIB Digital Bank for Clients (DB4C) project is to articulate the business ambition of CIB for corporate clients through digital channels as an integral part of our business strategy and ensure that our digital offering is further developed to support that ambition. The plan will build on our already solid assets, in particular Centric and its App store (Connexis Cash, Cortex Deposit, Cortex FX, FX+ and many more) and will look to improve our offering, integrate it into customer-designed environments and develop new customer journeys, based on the expectations of our users.
Within DB4C, the e-Banking Distribution team, based in London, interacts with external clients, business lines, coverage and territories to co-define and implement the distribution strategy of our digital assets (equipment and usage).
The role will set up (including assisting to recruit) and manage a newly created team in Lisbon to support the e-Banking distribution team on operational and industrialized processes:
- Usage: implement usage campaigns defined centrally on e-banking apps/functionalities/services/client journeys (including (i) contacting external clients to discuss, explain and expand our services and increase understanding and use of those services by our clients and (ii) monitoring and collating feedback obtained from those clients to help improve of services and adapt our strategy)
- Equipment: fully deliver on behalf of the business the migration to CENTRIC of existing digital clients of the Bank; plus support massive equipment campaigns including actual performance of enablement process (following liaison with external and internal clients) and related monitoring.
Performance will be measured on both results (number of clients equipped and active based on expected campaigns results) and means (timely tracking of issues, number of outbound contacts, and qualitative contribution to improvement of monitoring and client feedback collection).
In addition to this direct responsibility, the role will locally manage all DB4C and DB4E resources ensuring coordination and development of the Lisbon setup. The role will grow as our Lisbon team expands, and the successful candidate will be expected to grow and assume greater responsibilities as the size and scope of the Lisbon digital team develops.
Acting as the single point of contact, the resource will report to the Head of e-Distribution for any equipment or usage related topics and to the Deputy Head of DB4C in London for all transversal matters. Locally, they will report into the Lisbon Head of Change Management.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Actively assist in the set-up of the DB4C Lisbon team, including leveraging their network to help source candidates, interviewing and selecting appropriate profiles for the range of specialist roles comprising the team.
- Lead the delivery of the usage and equipment campaigns for e-banking products and services: they will be expected to lead by example – including directly interacting with sophisticated external clients (including Treasurers and other senior figures at MNCs), understand and be able to present e-banking products (including transactional products such as FX, Deposits, Cash Management, Trade and Supply Chain) and associated enablement and internal processes.
- Manage the e-Banking equipment & usage team including monitoring achievement of KPIs and fostering a “learning” environment, and managing the wider DB4C and DB4E team based in Portugal.
- Report on equipment and usage actions & results to team management.
- Contribute to the delivery plan of campaigns (capacity planning, prioritization based on number of targets and estimated workload).
- Actively train users (both BNPP staff and external clients) on CENTRIC functionalities across all product lines through voice or WebEx to ensure a consistent and quality adoption of the services.
- Master’s degree or equivalent from top tier Business or Engineering university
- 10+ years of Banking experience (with a strong preference for e-banking experience) or Consulting experience from a leading investment bank/consulting firm, along with Project Management capabilities & background in front office/client facing roles.
- Capacity and experience in managing multi-function / multi-product teams in complex financial services environment.
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking business & associated e-Banking products (eg. FX, Cash Management, Trade Finance, reporting, pre-trade)
- Proven track-record of implementing documented processes and strategies in an industrialized way.
- Results-oriented, strong drive and motivation.
- Client-centric mind-set, pedagogy and quality of client contact will be key assets.
- Capable of managing and delivering on small projects and initiatives alongside daily responsibilities
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
- Other European Languages are a plus
- Availability for training of up to 3 months in London