Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
• Tax Manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
In the context of the various tax incentives programs proposed by the Provincial and Federal Government in Canada, we are looking for a Relationship Manager whose mission will be to manage and maximize the tax incentives claimed by BNP Paribas in Canada.
We also expect that person to put in place a strong governance around the tax incentive programs in close relationships with other departments of the Bank (HR, Tax ...) and ensure a proper control framework of the programs. This position will bring a lot of exposure to Management as it is a strategic topic for the Bank.
Finally, the Relationship Manager will act as subject matter expert for any questions related to the tax credit incentive programs in Canada.
• Maintain continuous correspondence with the various tax authorities
• Watch for any update from Government or tax authorities related to tax incentives.
• Prepare the submission files and ensure that applications are submitted on time
• Provide assistance in responding to questions from the tax authorities, government filing authorities, and different BNP Paribas stakeholders ( HR, COO, Operations, Finance, etc.) in line with the different tax incentive programs:
• Ensuring prompt resolution and follow-up of questions / requests for information
• Escalating problems / issues to the Canada Finance & Tax head
• Providing quality service to other departments
• Continuously work on improving the current process and optimizing amount that can be claimed each year (looking for automation when possible), implementing controls, procedures, performance indicators and workflow tools
• Ensure a proper monitoring of the tax credits programs throughout the year
• Develop, maintain and infuse tax incentives expertise within the organization
• Organize and chair project meetings to ensure a proper monitoring of the project deliverables, timeline, risks and dependencies with the different BNP Paribas stakeholders.
• Present frequent status update to Regional Management
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• University degree, preferably Bachelor in Business Administration or Finance
• 5 years’ work experience in the field of banking operations/client service
• 2 years’ experience in Corporate Tax would be considered a strong asset
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Broad knowledge of the different Tax Credit programs offered to financial institutions by Provincial and Federal government an asset.
• Good time management skills with the ability to work accurately while under pressure especially during submission periods
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & PPT)
• Languages: Fluent in English and French
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the different BNP Paribas stakeholders
• Strong analysis skills
• Highly effective communicator, written and oral, with good interpersonal skills
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Ability to work with precision in a fast paced environment
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.