ABOUT SWIFT & CASH MANAGEMENT
The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) provides a network that enables financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized and reliable environment.
BNP Paribas is the 2nd biggest player on this network worldwide.
Cash management involves collection, handling and processing of cash flows. It aims at managing the channels of collections, payments, and accounting information efficiently. It requires a very high level of quality and a foolproof processing with high levels of expectations from customers.
BNP Paribas is in the top 2 European players and a strong worldwide actor in cash management.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Regarding its strong worldwide presence in Swift & Cash Management, BNP Paribas created a high level dynamic support organization responsible to support a full range of applications and to ensure a stable and resilient production environment for the business and operations.
In order to gather high level profiles to support this business, BNP Paribas chose to operate in a “follow the sun” operating model: the MPS team is based in Paris, Singapore & Montreal. This three locations team enables 24/7 uninterrupted operations with business hours work around the globe.
The Swift and Cash management Paris Hub is responsible for:
- Enhancing the quality of production for the entire BNP PARIBAS Group in the scope of Payments, Swift and Cash Management
- Overseeing the end-to-end transmission of Business Transactions through the Swift, Payments and Cash infrastructures, on behalf of all the entities of the BNP PARIBAS Group
- Investigating functional and technical issues with the execution of Business transactions of sensitive clients from the Cash Management Business Line
- Contribute to the business analysis for the evolution of SWIFT & Cash management Softwares
- Enhance the reliability of financial messaging applications, notably through the steering of committees with the relevant IT Teams
Provide Technical & functional support
- Troubleshoot incidents escalated by worldwide BNPP teams
- Ensure an appropriate communication to these teams
Control on a functional level and fix
- Analysis of abnormal trends in business activity
- Ensure the proper execution of end to end processes
- Identify gaps in the process with the expected nominal operation
- Supervise the maintenance intervention.
Manage the incidents and crisis communication
- Analyze the criticality of the malfunction and determine the appropriate plan to fix it.
- Identify and coordinate key actors in order to restore the service. Lead crisis committees.
- Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the post incident review and action plan definition
Ø N.B. – Successful candidate will be required to work in day shifts (11.30-19.30) and weekend rotation. An understanding that occasionally after hours response to problems will be required.
The candidate should demonstrate a combination of technical and functional skills together with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. He/she must have a genuine willingness to work with time critical operations and high availability systems. He / she must be able to handle and manage tasks with a high level of autonomy and alert / give feedback when needed.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Cash Management, Swift and/or Application Support
- A university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Administration would be appreciated
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Ability to assimilate functional & technical architectures
- Ability to analyze and decipher content of complex file format
- Ability to manage configuration of complex application
- Analytical and information structuring skills
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Stress resistance: responsiveness and capacity to reprioritize your actions
- Rigorous and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate (strong team player)
- Communication skills and client focus