IT Supporting Analyst
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is looking for a dynamic individual to work as an IT Supporting Analyst for the Global Markets APS team in its Lisbon office. Users of the application work in the Front, middle and back office globally. There are a number of diverse reporting encompassing client flows, profitability (PnL), client contribution and regulatory.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide level 1 and level 2 systems support for all GM related activities
- Resolving queries from end users with respect to the systems supported, including but not limited to incorrect data issues, ensuring feeds into the system in a timely manner
- Ensuring that root cause analysis has been found and solutions implemented to prevent repeat occurrence
- Change management: plan, test and release new versions of the system
- Write documentation on new system features
- Maintain and enhance current business processes to ensure increased reliability of the FIBI systems
- Incident and Problem management, document solutions to common problems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional experience in Financial Services (Fixed Income, including FX; Collateral support)
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong ability to think outside of the box and to provide robust solutions to daily problems
- Team player
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with ability to communicate clearly (written and orally)
- Ability to work in a fast paced growing environment with speed and accuracy while maintaining attention to detail
- Tableau, PowerPivot
- MS Business Intelligence stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Excel and VBA
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.