SQL Developer Consultant
Standard / Permanent
About IHC creation
As part of the Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS), the Federal Reserve requires banking organizations to establish an Intermediate Holding Company (IHC), to regulate them similarly to comparably-sized domestic Bank Holding Company (BHC).
Consequently, BNP Paribas has to provide the necessary legal, management and regulatory reporting on a USGAAP basis for the Intermediate Holding Company (IHC).
The IT IHC Risk Team is part of the Information Technology Group which works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business, strategic initiatives, regulatory changes and reengineering of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
Produce some SQL or PL/SQL developments (Oracle) using BNP standards and guidelines.
Analyze data and requirements – liaise with business analysts to advise on the design or clarify any need
- A key member of the project team, the developer works with the project manager, business analysts, and other developers, to ensure that projects, enhancements or bug fixes are delivered on time and within budget.
Investigate data, development or performance issues
Produce technical specifications
Handle bug-fixes and implement possible system redesigns
Work closely with ETL developers, Moody’s developers and other DB architect regarding interfaces/data issues
Work with Network team for accessibility and connectivity (firewalls / domain) if required
Assist software releases for Quality Assurance, staging, and production activities
Package the SQL scrips or PL/SQL code with deployment documents required to migrate to a new environment.
Develop in a release management environment (versioning) using SVN and track changes using Jira or bug fixes using HP ALM software.
Assist on BAU set-up (training future users or production support team; creating procedures, etc…)
Assist support teams
- Help to support, maintain and debug existing applications and systems.
Support end users with technical issues
- At least 3 years’ experience working in SQL development.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyze data sets and perform consistency and quality controls.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to sort out issue under time constraint.
- Excellent English oral and written skills. Working knowledge of French is a plus.
- Knowledge of banking environment is a plus.
- Understanding of banking products and risk data is a plus.
- Certified SQL developer
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Business or a related field
Technical certifications a plus