Standard / Permanent
LEGAL AND TAX
Cardif Pinnacle in Borehamwoodis recruiting for a full-time Solicitor to work within the busy Legal Department.
It's a great time to join us on our progressive journey. We are a subsidiary of BNP Paribas Cardif, a worldwide provider of insurance and savings products, and ultimately part of the global banking group, BNP Paribas.
The company is focused upon the provision of creditor, pet and motor warranty insurance. The strategy of the business is to ensure that customers are well serviced whilst focusing on the operational capabilities and efficiency.
- Reporting into the Head of Legal at Cardif Pinnacle, Borehamwood
- To provide legal advice and assistance to BNP Paribas Cardif, based in Reading. BNP Paribas Cardif distributes motor warranty insurance products
- In addition to provide legal advice and assistance to other areas of the Cardif Pinnacle group. Cardif Pinnacle is an insurance underwriter based in Borehamwood, Herts
- It is currently envisaged that this person will spend 1-2 days per week in Borehamwood
- Draft, amend, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including Distribution Agreements, Introducer Agreements, IT Contracts and other Supplier Contracts
- Draft and negotiate bespoke documentation where required for new projects and initiatives
- Amend and review documentation when required by legislative or regulatory changes
- Provide legal advice in an insurance context
- Provide legal advice on specific or strategic projects
- Deal with routine legal enquiries raised
- Responding to queries from BNP Paribas Cardif Head Office in Paris
- Assist with legal claims brought by/against any group company
- Participate in departmental “Legal and Regulatory Developments” meetings and assist in ensuring we comply with all relevant developments
- Use the most appropriate means of communication
- Explain complex and/or technical information clearly and accurately
- To provide legal support in relation to matters of financial services regulation
- In conjunction with the Compliance department to advise on regulatory matters, in an insurance context. This will include advising on consultations, policy statements and guidance
- Experience in drafting commercial contracts
- Self-starter, results driven, able to achieve objectives independently.
- Ability to advise and engage with all levels of the business, including senior management.
- Assertive and robust in giving advice and complying with group procedures
- Ability to deliver sound commercial advice.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Work autonomously and as a team player.
- Capable of undertaking a wide and varied caseload.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to engage with external legal advisers where required.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating IT contracts
- Understanding of financial services/insurance and regulatory matters.
- Lives within easy commuting distance of Reading, and willing to travel to our office in Borehamwood, Herts a minimum of once a week.
Salary / Benefits / Hours
- Excellent salary & benefits package
- 10% Non contributory Pension Scheme + 2.5% matched by company
- 24 days holiday par annum increasing to 30 days with service
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Birthday day off
- Private medical cover
- Life assurance 4 x salary
- Free shuttle bus from Borehamwood Station
- Award winning range of flexible benefits including RAC membership, retail discounts, gymflex, craft beer, will writing, Art Pass.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister
- The role will be at a level which would normally be suitable for individuals with a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience but we would welcome applications from any candidate who can demonstrate the essential skills and necessary competencies.
- Minimum CPD requirement as required by the Law Society
- Compulsory Proficiency Solutions and My Development modules
- Other training modules assigned to post-holder
- Other ad-hoc training as identified in performance reviews and goal setting