Software Engineer - FXO - Fixed Income IT (.Net developer)
Standard / Permanent
Project: The concerned team works for Forex and Money Markets back office settlement systems under the Fixed Income domain. This team is distributed across London, Mumbai and Paris. The role is for Mumbai and specifically that of a .NET Developer. Below is the expectation from the candidate
Hands on developer with a high levels of autonomy and experience in C# .Net 2.0/ 3.5 and ASP.NET
Hands on experience with SQL, preferably Oracle PL/SQL.
Responsibility to carry out system testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
Be able to understand complex systems and take the initiative, to seek out and accept new responsibilities
Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
Experience of working to strict deadlines
Liaise with any upstream or downstream system teams as required.
Coordinate w/ Project Manager to communicate status and report issues to the Business & IT management.
Qualifications & required skill set
- 3+ years of professional development experience in Microsoft technologies preferably in an Investment Bank or Financial Services domain.
- Expert in C# and .Net Framework 2.0/ 3.5
- Intermediate level in ASP.NET
- Intermediate level in ADO.NET
- Intermediate level in Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 and Oracle both
- Beginner on XML + XSL + XSLT
- Beginner on performance tuning of SQL (Any RDBMS)
- Beginner on Internet Information Services (IIS) Debugging, Compilation
- Tools: Visual Studio 2008 / 2010 / 2012
- OS: Windows Server 2003/2008
- Additional skills: Linux/Unix OS
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and scrum practices