Standard / Permanent
Purpose of Job:
Take an active part in the Software Design and Engineering team activities associated into Release Management and QA applications. A good understanding of the SDLC is required and experience in Financial Domain would be a plus.
The candidate will be working on areas covering Configuration Management, Release and Deployment management, and Test Environment coverage. Along with supporting the CM functions he/she will get a chance work along with DevOps team with in the domain which hold the opportunity to explore Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment topics.
Technology environment :
- Server OS - Windows / Unix platforms
- Database - ORACLE/Sybase/SQL Server
- Development languages - C++, Java, C#
- Scripting languages - Maven, OOPs Python, Ant, Nant, Shell
- Issue Tracker – JIRA
- Application/ web server – Tomcat apache, JBoss
- Code Repository – SVN, GIT
- Continuous Integration – Team City, Jenkins, Hudson, Nexus
- The role gives the opportunity to learn, and gain exposure to configuration functions, and controls.
- Participation in the continued Release, Support and Configuration management of a successful, growing and high profile global set of applications.
- Exposure to all financial areas and the full Project Life Cycle.
- Minimum 4+ years of IT experience
- Worked in a team of DevOps, or Configuration Management
- Essential to have hands on experience into Release Management for critical applications to the business.
- Involved into designing the configuration management plan for the application.
- Should have proven experience writing scripts (any language) for automation of build and deploy activities
- Manage and troubleshooting test environments at L3 level.
- Understand the database concepts well and SQL queries.
- Good knowledge on Application/Web server.
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to provide appropriate technical solutions to business related problems.
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Team spirited. / Self-motivated.
- Good technical skills. / Good communication.